Zen Effects – Allan Watts biography
Crypto-currencies + crowd-funding!
The Statue of Responsibility Project
Mock modesty, studied objectivity, cautious opinion…
From dour Puritan to joyful pagan!
Fuck ministry, Joe! Just live……
Poverty, religious community & liberated sexuality
Consumerism, family & careerism
Exotic, esoteric & sensual spiritualities!
But do they make you selfish, lazy & stupid?
That is a feminine trait (sentimental attachment), nothing ‘childish’ about it…
Just let her be!
Insanity, ecstasy & liberation!
Is the New Age spirituality just another ‘opium of the masses’, like Hollywood showbiz, that numbs & blinds them to the structural evils & cultural diseases under/within which they exist?
This is why we still need (Christian) theological ethics!
If we are to be dynamic, radical, audacious, committed & ecumenical, then we will also be erratic, immature, spontaneous, incoherent & unsettled…
The Great Command – you must be in awe of Life itself, before you can love anyone (including yourself) rightly!
Baptism: Clot & ice + FIRE = blood & water!
Conscious labour & intentional suffering
The pain of loneliness is far more preferable than the burden of a stagnant & stale relational arrangement!
The enemy (of the spirit) is NOT the body, but the mind!
Being there when push comes to shove is more important than being regular to the periodic meetings…
Sensual pleasure & spiritual liberation
The wisdom of health!
Beauty >> wonder >> joy!
Self – the quaking, messy vortex of this isolated, fearful, repressed & defensive bag-of-skin!
Naughty, mischievous, funny, risqué
When the other does what pleases you, out of their own accord, even without you asking or telling, then the joy that comes from that kind of love is incomparable. It is far superior to the other person responding to your request by sacrificing what they actually want!
Isn’t this true of any intimate relationship – spiritual or social?
– Can you have intimacy, commitment & belonging, without possessiveness, jealousy & manipulation?
– Maybe all formal programs – not only the church worship service, but also the small group meetings – should be radically modified to sustain & promote spiritual growth in this new, ever-changing context!
Fixed group meetings should not be the only modality of fellowship & ministry. Appointments for individual counseling, telecommunication, etc. should also be used often. Strategy should be more flexible & relevant.
– Love – what one does for the other should be done freely & voluntarily, not out of fear or obligation. And what one expects of the other should be expressed gently without any notion of demanding or compelling.
– Christian legends
– “I want to nurture you like a flower… And then enjoy watching you bloom & blossom gloriously, in every way, my baby! :-* ”
– This room is my temple, my laboratory, my playground!