- “களத்ததூர் க்ராமம்”
- “Ingrid Goes West”
The open elective course I am offering in Christ University…
Refer next post…!
– The Las Vegas Shooting and the Search for Meaning
– “All our life is like a day of celebration for us; we are convinced, in fact, that God is always everywhere. We work while singing; we sail while reciting hymns; we accomplish all other occupations of life while praying.”
— Clement of Alexandria
Life ~ rejoicing ~ working ~ praising ~ loving ~ praying
We are saved by faith (in Grace).
To believe (in GOD) is to live (fully)! Does the vice versa also hold good? To value Life and enjoy it, irrespective of the contingencies……
– “Do not judge so that you will not be judged. For by the standard you judge you will be judged, and the measure you use will be the measure you receive.” – Mat. 7:1-2
Use the same standard, to judge others, as you use to judge yourself. Then GOD will be pleased with you and reward you.
Nobel peace prize: ICAN award sends nuclear message
For transparency’s sake, Supreme Court starts uploading its Collegium’s decisions
Delhi: 2 kids die of suffocation after a family member accidentally locks them in car
– “Black Gospel” by Davie
Did you get high??
– “Everybody” by Logic
– “Real life” by Aaron Sprinkle
– “Pray” by Sam Smith
– “Whiskey & Wine” by Planning for Burial
– TV series:
“The Sinner” Season 1
Did you notice the Rorshach patterns in the title graphics?!
Not just another crime/detective series.
The spiritual & the psychological, the moral & the cultural, clash together… And the result is aesthetic!
It’s better left as a limited series.
Sinner/cursed, patient/victim or human/agent??
Observe her individuation happening, right before your eyes! No tragedy, no (opportunity for) maturity!?
I think I am more like Phoebe!
– Does hedonism empower or cripple?
It could strengthen your lust for life and thereby enable you to suffer (endure/fight) better!
It could also weaken you by enslaving you to the pleasure of immediate gratification……
Since most people are occupied with work, and only occasionally make time for entertainment, maybe I should do the inverse!
– About TED
– TED (learning & sharing) + Socratic method (thinking pattern) + Sublimewe (communication style) + SFG (meeting format) + mindful meditation (getting deeply in touch with oneself)
Critical – connective/collaborative – creative (thinking)
Express – empathic listening – reflect/interject (repeat/deepen)
Curiosity –> passion for understanding/growth –> inquiry & dialogue
Authenticity, vulnerability & empathy
Observe –> reflect –> respond
Information –> knowledge –> wisdom
Faith, hope & love ~ meaning, vocation & intimacy
Rhythm, pleasure & achievement
How do we find the good life?
Why is education important?
What does it mean to be human?
“The unexamined life is not worth living.”
“How is it with your soul?”
Journaling & story-telling
Problem-sharing & consulting
Focus on relaxing & enjoying
Attendance + participation + presentation (3 grades – fail, pass, distinction)
In-class assignments & assessment
Max. 12-15 students. Can be done for minimal (half?) charge, so that no student is left out because of financial reasons.
Syllabus will be vague initially and will evolve as the course progresses. Topics/subjects will be determined by what emerges out of the dynamic interaction between the participants.
The course can be called “Open Learning in Small Groups”
(An innovative movement in education – activities that either enhance learning opportunities within formal education systems or broaden learning opportunities beyond formal education systems – teaching methods, interactive learning, optimal training, etc. – ecologies of learning communities – central focus is needs of the learner as perceived by the learner.
Offer (free) mentoring – vocational guidance, Rule of Life, learning plan, candid conversation, spiritual companionship, etc.
– Initial Public Offer
– Supreme Court bans firecrackers in Delhi!
– The Nansen Passport
Proof of concept
The semantics of natural language
– I think that the timing of the opportunity to teach an open elective course in Christ University, and my reconnection with the Socratic Method is providential.
– I should read, think & write MORE!
Should I listen and talk more too?
– How do you indulge in such a way that it does not decrease (but increases!) your capacity for discipline?
And how can you discipline in such a way that does not decrease (but increases!) your capacity for indulgence?
“Vikram Vedha” (Tamil)
வேதா ~ வேதாளம்!
Vikramaditya and Vetal story (Indian mythology – check out Amar Chitra Katha!)
Theme song lyrics
The action scenes are quite laughable, but still watchable.
– What is (my) brand equity?
– Luscious apparatus
– Behind the camera
– Wunder carpool
– Risks of light & intermittent smoking
– Healthy alcohol use
– Is pornography addictive? http://www.apa.org/monitor/2014/04/pornography.aspx
Porn: What’s really going on?
– 2 cigarettes – once a week
2 hours of porn – once a week
400 ml beer or 40 ml vodka/gin – 2 times a week
Drugs – once a week
2 freak out days per week – one with the bad stuff and one without.
– It’s always wiser to buy a used, quality product than a new, inferior one.
– “In many people, it is already an impertinence to say ‘I’.”
– THEODOR ADORNO
The lamentation (& condemnation) of the diminution of individual consciousness in (post)modern subjectivity, and its consequent primary docility (passive obedience to social relations)!
– Fluid ounces
Blind revolution mad
Tears (falling) on stone
Theories of everything
Axiomatization ~ decisionism
– Is self-deification avoidable?!
What makes you ask such a question??
– Explanations as (incomplete) material parts of the Real, rather than transcendental (complete) representations of it.
Anthropocentrism –> anthropomorphism
The epistemological implications of a scientific philosophy!
Experience as immanent experiment
“Thought is a thing”
Postulate ~ posture ~ gesture ~ vision
Rigorous conclusion, arising out of utterly persistent & fearless application
The necessary evil of consistency
The strangeness of Gnostic thought
Always open to corruption
Contrary to proverbial opinion
Ordinary, pluralistic, mutable, performative thought
– All (progressive?) evolution is a collection of (random?) mutations!
– HOW did Laruelle land upon his radical insights & unique axioms?!
– There are 2 women in his life.
With one, the similarities are many & superficial, and the differences few & basic.
With the other, the differences are many & superficial, and the similarities few & basic.
The first is the spouse.
The second is the soulmate.
But the sad fact is that he cannot live without the former, nor can he live with the latter.
Maybe the soulmate (dream) is just the imaginary/idealized spouse (real). Once the union is actualized, the dream evaporates!
– You’re a spiritual genius, just like me,
And you’re a social retard, just like me…
That’s why, we both will always be
Admired, and lonely! 🙂
– T20 cricket match washed out