– Divine creation – software (speech) –> hardware (things)
“In your light, we see light” – it is the Word (divine revelation) that makes all things comprehensible to us.
Light ~ Word ~ Life ~ Image
The Creator is also the Sustainer is also the Lord is also the Redeemer is also the Judge!
Light ~ life ~ truth ~ good ~ order ~ fullness
Darkness ~ death ~ falsehood ~ evil ~ chaos ~ emptiness
The darkness has not/cannot (ultimately/permanently) overcome the light!
Creation (Genesis) ~ Jesus’ story (the Cross) ~ my regeneration!
– Othodox Teaching Sermon The Transfiguration
Transfiguration ~ incarnation + crucifixion + resurrection!
“While he was still speaking…” (Matt. 17:5) – for the times you don’t know when to shut up…!
Coming away, without leaving your world – the mountain, the wilderness & the closet!
Law + Prophets = Christ/glory/salvation!
Climbing into one’s own inner aridity/terror, and being transformed, by discovering & embracing the futility within!
Mat. 17:4 – this is what I want, but “if you want”… The temptation of institutionalization – make GOD unambiguous, manageable, accessible, affordable, reproducible, etc.!
Is the shrine built for His honor or for my safety?
The Indwelling ~ Meaning (Law) + purpose (Prophets) + passion (Christ)!
Finding Christ in BOTH the inner sanctum AND the outer storm!
– Sacred Calendars: The Transfiguration of Christ
Mystery ~ sacrament ~ ordinance ~ feast
Gospel chronology & Church Calendar
The Transfiguration is meant to prepare the disciples & sustain their faith, because they are yet to experience their greatest crisis – witnessing the Crucifixion!
The anonymous site of transformation
The revelation/unveiling of the divinity already inherent in the ordinary/everyday
Saints as contemporary revelations of Christ
Studying GOD, & saying what it is and what it is not
Felled, by the (encounter/experience of) Majesty!
The Body & all bodies
Jesus as the one who unites Moses & Elijah with Peter, James and John – OT/Israel/Past & NT/Church/Future – the present Kingdom/eschaton!
Scripture ~ icons ~ sermons – products of faith and sources of theology!
Tradition & context, practice and experience
Adam ~ Jesus ~ Church ~ me/you/us/them!
– Life is boring is life is boring is……!
>> Life is boring
>> Boring is life
>> “Life is boring” is life!
>> “Boring is life” is boring!
– Questions about the GST cess
Legal validity & legislative competence
Cess, tax & fee
– The Privacy Quandary
Face recognition technology
Second order fall-outs
Augmented reality, cloud computing & social networking
– My advice to Christ University:
(Should I email this to the VC?!)
- Separate Christ College (UG) from Christ University (higher education/research institution), & develop a distinct culture/ethos for each, according to their respective level/purpose.
- Make selection of students & faculty more rigorous. Emphasis on quality over quantity. Reduce number of courses & number of students in each class, especially in the Humanities & Social Sciences.
- Stop using money as a strategy to “hire the best”. Be(come) the best (world-class), then you will also attract the best!
- Be future-oriented – try out new creative ideas & radical practices, drawn from diverse sources, in both the meaning & execution of education. Emphasize & promote inter-disciplinarity. Do away with long, tedious written exams based on standard question paper.
- Shift onus for learning from teachers on to students. Make the environment conducive for self-development and provide adequate avenues for equipping those who are passionate & idealistic. E.g. Reduce number of lecture/teaching hours.
- Reduce extra-curricular (cultural) activities.
- Introduce proper vocational guidance (based on Psychology), not just the employment counseling given in placement cells, for each & every 1st year student!
- Start a Centre for Education with people qualified in Pedagogy, Philosophy, Psychology, Sociology, etc. and passionate about reform/progress, to oversee the functioning of each department and guide the general direction of the institution, in light of the vision/mission/values. Start a Department of Philosophy fully independent from Theology.
- Introduce mentoring & holistic education (includes the physical & spiritual) through highly motivated & well trained resource persons for the overall health & development of students & faculty. This can be done via small groups with expert facilitation (a la SFG & “How is it with your soul?”). Basic counseling training for all faculty.
- Make Saturday a holiday.
CU, it’s time for you to move into full adulthood, as an institution!
– Rohingya – Bangladesh’s burden to bear:
The Rohingya as homo sacer
Discrimination >> retaliation >> discrimination >>…… Victim >> terrorist >> victim >>……
When the army goes berserk…!
Humanitarian gesture or just political posture?
The closer one is to death, the more alive he/she is! The challenge is to find a way to survive at that place of passion……
True friends/lovers are those who accompany & support you in (your own unique) insanity!
Sexual edging as a spiritual discipline!
– I think I have found the elusive/secret formula for an robust lifestyle…
Alternate day extreme discipline and severe indulgence – I can feel them converging & blending already! 🙂
Always enjoy the ecstasy of intensity
– Maybe my next avatar is sensual crusader/erotic artist!
High Middle Ages
Medieval Vs. Renaissance
Anonymous works of lesser lights
The thousand year theory!
The beauty of simplicity
“Saving the appearances” – the major task of science
Simpler ~ better
Summum bonum (the greatest good) – the strong & sweet ruler of the universe
Consolation of Philosophy
“Ashamed to be ashamed”
– “Give me chastity, but not yet!” – St. Augustine
“The son of these tears will not perish.” – Ambrose
“Take (up the book) and read” – GOD?!
Happy to die, with the vision of the beyond, “when we shall all be changed”
– Post-critical philosophy
A new type of inversion
Correct ~ reduce ~ supersede ~ explain ~ dominate
Refracting the Real, instead of representing reality
The better half of life
A genuinely new mode of thought
A broadened paradigm of (apparently opposed) alternatives
A democratic ecology of thought – pluralistic & equivalent
The practice of abstraction
The conceptual performance of extraction & re-envisioning
The Real as the occasional cause of thought
Hypothesis ~ wager
Material ~ lived
User of philosophy
Neither false nor true
The materiality of philosophy!
Techno-scientism, biologism, physicalism, computationalism
Thoughts ~ photos!
Materiality without materialist theses
A (non-reductive) field of infinite materialities
The proxies of philosophy
The metaphysics of knowing
Wonder, intuition, induction, deduction, will to power, affective encounter, selfless observation, questioning
The logic of inference
Totality ~ exclusivity
Partiality ~ plurality
Figure-ground shift in perception
Indifferent ~ undifferentiated
From absolute perspective (transcendent) to material part (immanent)!
Miming the world
The non-philosopher as ventriloquist/charadist
When you’re surrounded by society, you take refuge in your intimate partnership or inner circle.
When you’re in a coupleship, you withdraw into your truest self.
When you’re all alone, you realize there’s no one there!
It is then that you are fully free……
– What happens when you (try to) blend “high” & “low” culture?
You find that there is no division/opposition!
Animal intellect ~ body spirituality
How are consciousness & intentionality related?
Full awareness is the prerequisite for perfect freedom!
– TV series:
Rectify (Season 1 Episode 1)
“Always There” – remember where this line comes in the episode?
Why do I (feel) like this guy?!
– Home-made intoxicants 😉
Codeine, dextromethorphan, diphenhydramine, promethazine, caffeine, alcohol, sugar, cocoa, MDMA, phenibut, kava, aromatic oils, ASMR, binaural beats, sleep deprivation, hypnosis, meditation, sex, exercise, psilocybin, prednisolone, nicotine, tobacco, Marijuana, etc.
HACK your body! 👊🏽
– Moth to the flame (ASMR)
– TV series (story-telling – mythology/liturgy >> play/novel >> movies/serials):
WOW! It takes more/better/greater to make me say that, nowadays……
“Why did you do/say that?”
“I don’t know!” – that’s the right (first) answer, whatever!
– 3 kinds of days, based on 3 different attitudes/approaches to the body:
1. Rhythm – awareness & flow (mindfulness/moderation/consciousness)
2. Work – discipline & performance (asceticism/right extreme/will)
3. Freak – pamper & indulge (hedonism/left extreme/flesh)
– Which one are you?
1. Me, we or us?
2. Heart, intellect or body?
3. Vision, strategy or execution?
E.g. I am Me-intellect-vision
Do you know HOW to find out the truth(s) about yourself?
– GOD ~ self ~ other ~ real ~ one ~ life ~ being – meaning ~ truth ~ power ~ joy ~ light ~ energy ~ spirit
– I need to try to learn to give some of the allowances & concessions, I usually give myself, to others too. Cut them also a piece of slack, Joey!
Patriarch, metropolitan, archbishop
Polemical ~ controversial
– “Enthusiasm, n.: A distemper of youth, curable by small doses of repentance in connection with outward applications of experience.” – Ambrose Bierce
Is it possible to overcome naïvety (in outlook), without losing one’s lust (for life)?
Wisdom without disenchantment is what we desperately need!
– Creative + recreational ~ recreative!
– A person plans his course, but the Lord directs his steps.
Proverbs 16:9 NET
Check out the NET notes.
Is this supposed to teach us humility? Or should I just keep a plan B ready always? 😉
Maybe it’s both!
– “Rescuer (Good News)” by Rend Collective
– Will Hollywood ever use ugly actors?
– Login for daily rewards in Asphalt 8 & Real Racing
– Foo fighter