– It can’t be, but it is!
Evangelicalism & entrepreneurship
Youth For Christ
Holi – spring festival of colors
Joshua & Caleb’s minority report
– Should I repent of my disdain for Billy Graham?
Check out the CT (Christianity Today) memorials!
What would the Christian Century say about him now??
– Billy Graham
Could Philip Yancey & Robert Capon be colleagues??
Ravi Zacharias definitely seems to have molded himself according to BG’s shape…
– TV series:
Masters of Sex (Season 4)
Definitely going out in a blaze of glory!
Virginia is the one who seems to have changed (matured) the least! Her lying still continues……
Lib (Libby-liberated!) is undoubtedly the hero of this season – the last shall be first!
The ending is definitely not fairy-talish (“…& they lived happily ever after”).
Should we (Salome & I) start reading a novel together (instead of watching another full TV series) now?
For all their pioneering spirit, they are still caught up in the capitalist (intellectual property) rut! Just giving credit to the source is enough whenever we use the output of others in our own work.
I think Nancy was right about Virginia in many ways……!
The only way to get rid of guilt (self-hatred) is to overcome shame (social rejection)!
“They’ve found their groove” – at last!
Which are the true & the fictional elements in the series?
– Can one be a woman of both vision & humility?
– Mat. 21:33-43, 45-46
Retribution (punishment of the culprit) – Pharisaic
Vindication (recompense for the victim) – Christian
No resurrection, no salvation!
Inheritance – insecurity & competition
Gift – radical, sovereign Grace
You can reject, & even kill the Messiah, but that will only help prove that he is the Chosen One!
The problem with the Gospel is that it sounds too good to be true.
Jesus not only exposes the leaders as criminals, but also insults their theology/intelligence. The latter seems to have stung more……
Never forget Capon’s subversive interpretation of the parables!
What could someone like me do with the great old academy, or rather, what would they do to me??
Why is it so easy to get caught up in the daily routine, and miss out on the very rhythm(s) of Life itself?! What safeguards can prevent this awful tragedy in my/our life?
What does it mean to “produce the fruits of the kingdom”? To (desire & learn to) discern GOD’s traces & clues in everyday life, and conduct ourselves in that holy light! To not become blind to the point of it all, in the doing of each & every thing……
– Having sex with a loving & attractive partner, in the context of a committed relationship, is a wonderful thing indeed!
– Why am I feeling so energetic & positive in the past 2 days?!
– Most entertainment is not educative, and most education is not entertaining.
– I must start meditating for 15 minutes both in the morning & night.
– Redefining “survival”
– Need & strategy ~ cause & trigger
– Always keep one foot out the door, so that you don’t become part of the domestic furniture!?
– Precept group
Hmmm… a thriller/horror flick getting nominated for an Oscar is no small thing!
Is the dominant/obvious theme of racism just a cover for something deeper??
Could this film contribute to worsening the already bad racial relations in the USA?
Is it an exercise in Critical Psychology (a critique of how mainstream behavioral science is complicit in unjust systems & forces of exploitation)?
Could a Black hypnotherapist do the same thing to a White client?
Compare with “The Shape of Water” – the abyss/underwater world of the unconscious – our deepest fantasies (Heaven/God) and worst nightmares (Hell/Devil) coexist, & even mingle there!
I think roadkill/hunting trophy is a very significant trope
Is Jordan Peele black?
Social thriller & human demons
Go looking for the Easter eggs in the 2nd viewing!
– Lacunae in my learning:
Relate to other people more.
Learn a new practical skill (performing art)
Could it be easier for someone like me to understand Non-philosophy than it would be for a professional/academic philosopher?!
François Laruelle & Robert Capon might have been good buddies!?
From knowledge to knowing
The meaning of things, as defined by the contents of our experience of them
First person POV
Represent ~ intend
Background conditions ~ enabling ground
The objective contents of subjective acts
The intentional directedness of consciousness
Noesis & noema
Ideal meanings & concrete objects
Mutant/clone/recasting of Marx + Husserl + Fichte = Laruelle’s Non-philosophy
Pure freedom (subject) & utter necessity (object)
Philosophy as the Theory of Science
Posit ~ presuppose
Via conscious self-observation, becoming aware of the transcendental (necessary but unconscious) conditions of ordinary experience
The synthetic unity of theoretical & practical reason
Feeling >> intuition >> concept
How are knowledge & freedom related?
A priori deduction
Sources ~ influences
Figures & events
The democratic spirit of a unified theory of philosophy & science
Engaging the dominant discourses of the time
Ego & cogito
A formal understanding of the special causal logic
Situating principles, introductory concepts & first names
– How can a professional sportsperson enjoy playing the game?
– The enlightened person is the one who no longer needs or desires perfection!
– “What it is” – Jonathan Davis
– “I got a story to tell” – Biggie Smalls
– Morality/duty/responsibility as the interface of our desire/infinity and creatureliness/finitude
– One needs to become a jack of all (some) trades AND a master of one (few)!
– Madness is the only possible (way back to) sanity!
– Joseph & Salome ~ Birkin & Ursula
– If Jesus is Moses gone mad,
Then I am Jesus gone mad!
How would a conversation between Osho & UGK be like? Yes, they might first be like cat & dog, but I think there is a deeper unity there……
– Resistance, reform & revolution
Rescued a street dog trapped inside a house.
Asphalt Airborne PC game:
In spite of perfect driving, I was coming in at 4th or 5th place! So, I just followed the No. 1, and found out why. Then, I used the secret knowledge to beat him at his own game!
I am proud of myself for these 2 acts!
“The Darkest Hour”
I liked the second one better. But even that wasn’t great… Or maybe it was.
Should I watch “The Imitation Game” too along with these 2 WWII films?
How & why did the Allies win? What did they have that the Nazis did not? Weren’t the German forces much larger, stronger, & even smarter? Does the moral high ground confer any kind of advantage in actual war?!
– Sublimewe & Freudian personality theory:
Me ~ Id (animal)
We ~ Superego (racial)
Us ~ Ego (relational)
– Shape of Water:
Notice that she is alone in the first scene, which is actually the ending. The last scene is the penultimate one.
Once she has been given gills, the “Divine Animal” disappears (into her)!
We are like fish out of water…… And instead of trying to evolve into terrestrial creatures, & losing our very essence, we need to return to our natural habitat in order to truly survive!
– There are as many ways to salvation as there are persons! That is why “truth is a pathless land”. Because each person needs to make or find their own way, of course using all the resources already available, but there is no ready-made answer.
Neither Jesus’s oneness with the Father nor Buddha’s achievement of Nirvana can/should be taught or “passed on” to others!
From morality to capacity!
– Unique ~ anomalous
– Unconscious motivations – is there any other kind?? 😈
– If it’s you who wants to talk with me, then why do you expect me to call you??
– The highest/deepest (mystical/cosmic) levels of reality are totally nonsensical! So, if sanity is living in alignment with what is “real”, then……!
– The relationship of an adult to his/her parents is NOT unimportant!
And parents who have adult children, you need to take note of this too.
Just because someone is desperate to have a child (or get married) DOESN’T mean they will be a good parent (or spouse)……
– Structural evil ~ original sin
We are born into it AND we are culpable for it. We are BOTH victim & culprit.
– If Jesus is the Second Adam. Then Adam has to be the First Christ!
– Most parents don’t adapt well to the development of their children into adulthood. Why is that?
Parents give, & children receive.
– Is “enlightened” just a fancy synonym for “frigid”? 😅
– Down the rabbit hole
Wild Wild Country: Rajneeshpuram
Interviews, documentaries & biographies
– Spiritual fat
– Self-forgetfulness ~ numbness ~ bliss
– No privacy, no freedom!
– Intimacy – permitting each other to fully express our innemmost thoughts & feelings, without any fear of retaliation……
– Fires of darkness
Behold the Spirit
Parables of Grace, Kingdom & Judgment
Losing all hope is freedom
The Light – Disturbed (notice the word “beautiful” in the lryics!)
Mortification ~ immortalization – GOD is nothing but the nostalgia/harbinger of eternity that lies deep within the human being who is but dust & ashes……
How would you respond, if I told you now, that all your greatest dreams and deepest desires, and of every other human being who was ever alive, will be fulfilled beyond their wildest expectations!!!
The spiritual/ethical response – Heaven is only for the spiritual/ethical folks!
The sceptical/cynical response – Heaven is a pie-in-the-sky fairy tale for kids & weaklings!
Robert Farrar Capon + Alan Watts + U.G. Krishnamurti – (how) does Non-philosophy fit in??
Compare and connect – “The Last Temptation of Christ” & “Siddhartha”
– Melodic hardcore
Hierarchy of quality
– I’m so miserable, because I’m so mediocre. I’m gonna be 40… when will I ever get a grip of myself and make something worthwhile out of this puny existence??
Life is meaningless, beautiful and heart-breaking!
The desire for, & pursuit of, peace/perfection/harmony/liberation/transformation, etc. is trivial, misguided & futile (in light of the greater reality).
The drug-addict, the ambitious achiever and the spiritual seeker are all in the same (mistaken) path.
Yes, but it’s okay,
Everything’s gonna be fine……! 😊
Repent, & believe the Good News – the Kingdom of GOD is here, now.
No enlightenment, only life.
No salvation, only death.
No hope, only passion!
Living, in the exact mid-point between hunger & satisfaction……
They say you either have to achieve all your dreams (ambition) or stop dreaming altogether (Nirvana).
I say, keep dreaming and stay unfulfilled (Crucifixion)!
So what?! After all, we came out of nothing, burn momentarily & return to nothing……
Prodigal Vs. Elder son – who is in a better position to receive the Gift? And why is that?
Could trying to attain something actually keep you from enjoying it?
– No debate, no solidarity!
– Alt Right