– Pew Foundation
– Matthew Fox
– Joseph Campbell
– “ex opera operato”
– spiritualism ~ spiritism
– Disciple of Christ – becoming fully human by following the divine person
– “Sovereign” is a better word for GOD than “almighty”. And “eternal” is a better word than “sovereign”
– Habits, fruits & gifts
– “homo viator”
– Small groups of serious adult religious education
– “But in my spiritual life I have learned that hope and grace do not come cheap. They require honest self-scrutiny first, and then confession, an offering up of our own inner darkness to the source of forgiveness and transformation.”
– The 4 temptations for any Indian citizen:
Callous apathy (resignation)
Flee to greener pastures (escape)
Violent revolution (subversion)
Loving, faithful & hopeful work for reform (witness)
Bitterness & despair (1-3)
Responsibility & eschatology (4)
– Dalit capitalism
– VPN may be a basic need for all the connected
– Holistic well-being & spiritual warfare always go hand-in-hand!
– Secularism/materialism/scientism/humanism as a ‘religion’
– When was the Babri Masjid demolished?
– Julia Sweeney – “Letting go of God”
– Youtube spirituality; trailer-mania……
– GOD waits – actively!
Willing me on………..
– About me
Gettin’ fucked by life
Suri Ben Noah (1959 – Present) is a passionate creative writer based in Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
Creative writing, seeking Truth
My Life; The greatest drama of all time
My vibes – “Can you hear it now?”
Everything except what I scribble
Why the fuck am I still alive?
REFLECTIONS IN THE MIRROR OF OUR SOCIETY
REFLECTIONS IN THE MIRROR OF OUR SOUL
CONSISTENTLY CRAZY VIEWS
MYSTIC MOMENTS; JUST A CRAZY MUSE’S VOICE
– Political psychology
– Religious wars
– Compromise, accommodation & conciliation
– Blessed are those who see GOD, for they shall become pure in heart
– Historical/mystical/liturgical spirituality
– “Your own wickedness will punish you. You will see what an evil, bitter thing it is to forsake the LORD your God, having no fear of him.”
– “If a man divorces a woman and she marries someone else, he is not to take her back again, for that would surely corrupt the land. But you have prostituted yourself with many lovers, says the LORD. Yet I am still calling you to come back to me.”
– Lightstock sucks!
– Life in the Spirit (Christianity – religion) = Gospel truth (theology) + the way of Jesus (spirituality)
– Sacramental, narrative, intuitive beings
– Creative Commons
– Caledonian Antisyzygy
– Panic Fight or flee
Peace More options!
- Anger without bitterness/malice/violence
– Disappointment with oneself & frustration with the world
– God submitting to man’s rage!
– The sin of provocation
– The slighted ego
– Spiritual emphases (GLORY):
The love of GOD
The truth of GOD
The power of GOD
The holiness of GOD
Which is yours?
– BBC News – the week in pictures
– Elisabeth Nietzsche
– Faith is living in the light of the revelation, of the loving GOD, which gives us hope for a bright future
– Dogmatic constitution
– Insegnamenti – Teachings (Italian)
– Protestant observer at the Vatican Council
– ‘Post-evangelical’ – ’emerging’, ‘ecumenical’ movements
Martin Luther King Jr./Christianity
– Grammar (syntax), (sound) philosophy & (fiery) rhetoric ~ Scripture (revelation), (accurate) theology & (prophetic) preaching!
– New Monasticism
– Hutterites & Mennonites
Living with each other, in unity & love
Living close to Nature, in harmony
Living without private property – voluntarily
Serving each other & the society around us with our unique GOD-given SHAPE
Working hard to be a self-sustaining household, but with a contemplative/Sabbath rhythm
– Perennial, hot-button issues, like the need for leadership, a common covenant, membership, accountability, and confronting conflict.
Temperamental mood-swings, possessive impulses and cravings for physical and emotional satisfaction, powerful currents of ambition and touchiness, the desire for personal influence over others, and human privileges of all kinds – all these place seemingly insurmountable obstacles in the way of true community…
– Stability, simplicity & submission
– Spirit, love & work
– Anabaptists, Moravians & Quakers
– Suffering, compassion & action
– Pride, sloth & anxiety
Greed, adultery & murder
Lying, selfishness & violence
– Fighting evil – in the self, in the community & in the world
– The necessity, certainty & loyalty of community
– Community – Spirit, Church & Kingdom
– Member, helper or guest
– Worshipping one GOD together, sacrificially serving one another, and being open & welcoming to outsiders
– True community
– Objective obligations
– “Through him, both of us have, in the one Spirit, our way to come to the Father”
– Going out into ‘the world’, to work & serve (& earn), but never becoming grafted into its structures & methods!
– Contemplation, politics & ministry
– A life full of passion, risk & joy
A life full of purpose, character & discipline
A life full of love, sacrifice & service
– Poverty, chastity & obedience ~ Money, sex & fame ~ Scripture, prayer & community
– Group life – liturgy (Scripture-reading, singing & praying), study, conversation, sharing, eating, serving, confrontation/discipline, etc.
– Silent prayer, reflection & discussion
– A chosen race, royal priesthood & holy nation – cultural/ethnic, political & religious dimensions of the Kingdom, reflected in the church!
– L’Arche, L’Abri, Bruderhof, Finkenwalde
– The New Monasticism
– Celebrate, catechise & discern
– Slow, deep, rich
– One day proactive/planned/focused
One day reactive/spontaneous/distracted
– Entertainment is not what you go to when you’re feeling empty, but when you’re full! The self must be independent of something in order to (rightly) enjoy it…
– Noam Chomsky, Carl Sagan, E.O. Wilson, Steven Jay Gould, Susan Sontag, John Updike, Edward Said, Henry Louis Gates, Camille Paglia, Alan Lightman, Gerald Early, Steve Pinker
– Spark – A Burning Man Story
– Contemporary public intellectuals list
– Different levels of ‘community’:
Spiritual unity with periodic regular gathering
Core-group, trial members & outsiders
– Integrity, privacy & accountability
Anything to be ashamed of?
Nothing to hide!
– Faith (steadfast) – what do you live for?
Hope (endurance) – what are you working toward?
Love (labor) – who do you belong with?
– Cross-pollination & fertilisation
– In the world, but not of the world
Against the world, for the world
Fearing GOD alone & serving all the world
– Embracing our weaknesses & follies…
The great/only sin is that of triumphalism &/or resignation!
– Love is the great Yes, within which there is the freedom to say No!
– Christianity: Religion, spirituality & theology new politics, economics & culture!
– Altering the community life for the sake of the members’ individual vocations within the structures of the world, & vice versa…
– Theology = liturgy + discernment + prophecy
– Reality = cause, people, things & tasks
– GOD – presence + purpose = power!
– Embracing (affirming & even celebrating!) creatureliness, in fallibility, fragility, mutability & finitude……
– Ministry is service to people that flows out of holiness (offering one’s body as holy & living sacrifice to GOD + not conforming to the World through mind renewal + being transformed through the pursuit of perfection)
– Legalism & antinomianism always go hand-in-hand!
– “How I became an accidental activist” – Naomi Colvin
– “Breaking out: How to build influence in a world of competing ideas” – John Butman
– Quantified self
– Leaning in
– Creative destruction
– Civil disobedience
– Continuous improvement
– Big Think
– Intentional communities
– The housing bubble
– Red herring
– Remixing Ecclesiastes & the Song of Songs!
– What does Girard mean when he says “Christianity is the solution to violence”?
What exactly happened when Girard ‘converted to Christianity’?
– Weird science fiction & profound philosophy!
– Criticality, creativity & integrity – nothing else matters!
– Errant knight
– The self, the world & GOD – all in MY head!
– Socratic Christianity
– Moderated dissolution!
– Christians committing genocide against Jews
– Blood libel
– Calumny, obloquy, traducement
– How does the scapegoat mechanism produce social differentiation??
– Legalism anti-nomianism Freedom
The dynamic of Grace!
– Martyr cult
– Evolution is (progressive/perpetual) revolution!
– Simone Weil
– Personal identity & universal unity
– Subaltern = divine!
– Hannah Arendt
– “Saved From Sacrifice”
– Edward Said
– Great modern Jewish rabbis
– Neuroscience, astronomy & theology
– Computational models
– Keeping an ear to the ground
– Biopics, documentaries & short films
– ad ignorantiam
– The knowledge of good & evil (our obsession with it) is the root of all our problems!
Man – God-like – going beyond morality to humanity!
Christianity as the most radical humanism
Love, the only law – the liberating bond!
– Salome’s scholarship to study at a university in France – can I come too?!
The Psychology H.O.D of Madras University wants me to be a resource person for their weekly seminar
– Psychology through a combination of literature & anthropology
– Christianity, culture & conversion
– Evil = violence
Nothing more, nothing less.
Free-will is GOD’s highest value!
– Truth, friendship & violence
– The new (immoral/amoral!) morality
– From bond-slaves of a transcendent deity, to free men who harness themselves for the highest common good
– From Church dogmatics to Christian philosophy
– Poetry/lyrics/sermons/speeches should always be read aloud
– “Take away the stone” => “Come out!” => “Let him go”
– The Supernatural has wholly entered into (penetrated/pervaded) the natural!
– “Ask the Lord to send into..” “Go! I am sending you out…”
– “Yet be sure of this…”
– There are no ‘evil desires’… only desires out of order/place/control
– The sceptic’s faith – “The Kingdom of Heaven is so far away from us”
– Death-of-GOD, atheist, secular theology
– Mindless & pitiless
– What matters ultimately – becoming a (good) Christian, or being-in-Christ?
– The beauty of GOD’s wild & the ugliness of our city!
– Someone who ruthlessly suppresses him/herself (out of a strong sense of morality) is more predisposed to violate another person, than someone who has learnt to relax & enjoy oneself!
– “So be it” ~ “So it is”
“So it ought to be” ~ “So we should do”
– Socratic Method
– 1Cor.6:12 + Jas.2:13
– The Socratic & the Christian
– Max Maxwell
– Caring for the neglected/downtrodden, loving our enemies & being true to oneself
– The erotic, the spiritual & the political
– Becoming independent of branding, internet, entertainment, occupation, media, automobiles, competition, indulgence, repression, activism, theology, ministry, religion, morality, etc.
– Subverting subversion
– Humour & curiosity
Empathy & altruism
– Photo blog
– Joe Kiran Perez – chellam’s maverick, playboy ex-classmate
– Paul Augustine Luther Barth
– Amos Swaminathan – “death of seed” (blog)
– Doing GOD’s will ~ living in harmony with Nature
Keeping the Law ~ loving oneself & others
Fear-of-the-LORD ~ revering Life
– Josephus, Maimonides & Zoroaster
– Love as the ‘law of liberty’
– Grace as the fulfilment AND (therefore) cancellation of the Law!
The NT both elevates AND undermines the OT
– 2 Cor. 3:6-18!
– Interpreter ~ teacher ~ equipper ~ liberator
– Mat.23:23-24 – the only sins/evil – hypocrisy, violence & despair!
Straining the Camel & swallowing the gnats…
– Being a sensual libertine, without becoming hedonistic/nihilistic.
– Belief vs. Truth
Desire vs. Reality
Christ vs. Christians
GOD vs. Man
– Christ – breaking all boundaries – ethnic, cultural, economic, religious, political & finally moral!
– Eastern Orthodoxy (theology & liturgy) is more conducive for the flourishing of my new faith!
– “My Christ”
– Alfonso Cuaron
– irregular verb
-The Great I AM -Teacher, Perfecter, Shepherd, Inheritance, Precious
– Passing the Planet
– Goodness Billionaire
– “It is more blessed to give than to receive”
– For this life AND the next
– Wages vs. Reward
– Money & Power
GOD & Love
– World-wide Witness Opportunities
– Transformation through Power
– Step of faith >> miracles!
– Consumer >> Contributor
– A dying man’s words – a convocation address to the living!
The imminence of death >> the urgency of life
– Sexual greed
– One overcomes all
– Wisdom, skill & team-work
– Selfishness, greed & cruelty
– The sin(s) of the victim
– Hello >> Halo
– Positive energy
– Morality, culture & environment
– Heart-mind & body-spirit unison
– Unity >> synergy >> progress
– Radical democracy
– Anointing authority to everyone
– Together toward a better future for all
– Dignified development network
– Charitable trust
– Garbage, sewage, etc.
– Challenges as opportunities
– Catastrophe >> suffering >> compassion
– Predators or stewards?
– Youth enlightenment & empowerment
– Constitution Preamble
– Exploitation vs. Emancipation
– Smart streets
– Yoga & social conscience
– Taking charge of your neighbourhood
– Social conscience, personal identity & relational turmoil in “Ranjhanaa”
– Light vs. Blindness
– “Shadow of turning”
– From sacrifice to offering
– Holy King – qualify me to serve!
– Techno-socio-spiritual infrastructure
– Rights/privileges & responsibilities/duties
Liabilities & obligations
– The cardinal questions:
What do I really want?
What is important/valuable/meaningful to me?
How do I find my place in the world?
Why am I alive? What is the purpose that I can be passionately focused on?
Who am I? What is human nature? What is unique about me?
What would be the best way for me to live now?
Where do I want to go from here?
How can I live truthfully/wisely & responsibly/lovingly in this given context?
What is it to live in harmony with Reason & Nature?
In what way can I make this world a better place for everyone around me?
– Reality, meaning & truth
Experience, reason & faith
– True objectivity is inter-subjectivity!
– Internet slang
– Investigation, discovery & problem-solving
– “Mad Men”
– Chaos Theory
– Philosophy & religion ~ Love & sacrifice ~ Sex & death ~ Union & dissolution ~ Desire & violence
– Romantics as a field of study/exploration
– Rimbaud & Baudelaire
– Federal Shutdown
– The examined, engaged & exciting life
– Malala Yousafzai
– Middle Eastern female film directors
– Constitutional law & governance
– A living document
– ‘amicus curiae’
– Impartial observer, insightful interpreter & benevolent adviser
– Civil liberties & national security
– Due process
– Amending powers
– Directive principles
– Fundamental essence
– Inherent restrictions
– Universal standards
– Compensatory vs. Punitive measures
– Of occupation & resistance
– Evergreen classics
New & noteworthy
– Feminism, ecology & sexual morality
– Radicalism vs. Fundamentalism
– Mystical, rational & societal
– Liberal families
– Totem, taboo & transgression
– Promoting critical reflection, initiating debates & facilitating discussion
– The romantic, erotic & marital
– The goodness of being over non-being
– iTunes Festival – live gigs! 🙂
– The party scene
– Spiritual disciplines love GOD
….but, the more you try, the harder it gets!
– What is (the essence of) holiness?
– “GOD” = everything together, & more!
– The tension between desire, willingness & ability
– Biological + social + ecological = psychology!
The spiritual is the mystery beneath, within & above this dynamic…
– fl. – flourished
– “How Not to Make Money”
– Politics, religion & morality
– The Gospel of Judas
– Articulation, understanding & explanation
Reflection, discussion & debate
– Rational ~ virtuous
Consistent – lacking self-contradiction
– Socratic sophistry
– Who I am = what I want/pursue/value + what I believe (to be true) + what I know (is real)
– Glory – terrifying darkness!
– “The word of the LORD is tried in the fire”
– The Spirit is NOT the light that illuminates my way, but the fire that lights my candle!
– “The Blood that cleanses”
– Holiness as the unity of heart that enables us to enjoy life as a whole (including everything)…
The saint as the free, restful & focused person
– “God of heaven,
when the foundations are shaken
and there is no escape,
test us, but not to destruction…”
– The LORD’s throne is in Heaven, he watches over us & tests our hearts.
– Redefining faithfulness, holiness & righteousness:
Steadfastness, uprightness, honesty, etc.
Self-control, discipline & principled living
No irreverence, self-contradiction or deception
– Sincerity = unity of belief & desire!
– Creative relational energy as ultimate reality (GOD, Life, Love)
– Scientific mysticism!
– Moral superiority, religious confidence, theological naïveté & spiritual immaturity
– Third Eye
– Marshal McLuhan
– Mixed orientation relationship
– Ambient music
– Privation ~ negation
– Spiritual pilgrim – the road is my home!
– Indefinite ~ infinite
– Vital activities
– Life certificate
– Citizens Charter
– Fair Practice Code
– Take at least 10-15 deep breaths everyday
– ‘True truth’
– No understanding without experience
No experience without understanding
– The Eternal
– Scripture – this could mean much more than, & also maybe very different from, what it seems like or what you think!
– You not only cannot know GOD completely, but whatever you do know of GOD cannot be perfect!
– Living wholly in the present is NOT living purely on random impulse. It is going deep into Reality (kairos), & refusing to allow the passing of time (chronos) to sweep us away…
– Omnipresence as transcendence!
– Should we also accept our non-acceptance of each other & even of ourselves??
– World theology
– Mystery & ministry
– Honesty, fairness & compassion
– The greater good
The lesser evil
The greater evil
The lesser good
– Spiritual > moral > social > psychological
– Passion, creativity & clarity
– Patience, prayer, pain, thought, love, longing……
– The source, center & basis of all existence is also a universal human experience!
– Wilfred Cantwell Smith
– If you are okay with someone treating you in a particular way, then does that also make it okay for you to treat the other in the same way?
– I am a libertarian!
– Improvisation ~ adventure!
– inter alia
– Christian ~ spiritual ~ humane!
– Quantum theology
– Spooky reality!
– Grace & truth ~ Love & knowledge ~ Freedom & choice
– No true learning, without critical reflection upon personal experience, dialogue with contemporary culture, and finally contextual application!
– Fullness & wholeness ~ joy & healing
– The Sopranos
– Addicted, to poison!
– “Get a word in edgewise”
– Contemplate & discuss
Explore & practice
Celebrate & create
– Free Hugs Campaign
Random Acts of Kindness
– Can (viewing & saving) NatGeo pictures be as edifying as (doing a course on) Theology or Psychology?
– Your Shot
– Auteur commentary
– Thoughts & emotions ~ beliefs & desires ~ mind & body
– No spiritual edification, without deep awareness/consciousness, physical involvement, sensual stimulation & emotional impact!
– “Yeah, bitch!”
– Holy shit!
– Home stretch
GOD ~ reality/universe/life
Orientation as motivation!
Interesting & profitable
Terminology & structure
Starting with the descriptive, & then moving on to the prescriptive – not the other way around.
Meditation, community & compassion
Spiritual salvation & sexual liberation
‘Begging the question’
Philosophy as reflective seriousness
Intellectual virtues – independence, perseverance, courage, integrity & clarity
– No compromise,
– Axial Age
– The Bible & sex
– Can the telephone shower effectively wash off chunks of stubborn, sticky shit?!
– Science, character & faith
Knowledge, morality & spirit
– Perspectives, values & rituals
– Narrative ethics
Situation & pathos
Events & relationships
Contextualizing & personalizing virtue
– Broad guidelines
– Character & community
Discourse & Consensus
– Pastoral, clinical & medical
– Reformed, fundamentalist & evangelical
– Biospiritual & psychosocial
– Individualize, personalize & customize
– The need for novelty/variety
The need to emote/vent
The need to connect/converse
– Wrestling includes embracing!
How to Describe a Cloud (Mandarin)
Oh Boy (German)
– Always have a Plan B
– Egocentric, ethnocentric & anthropocentric
Vegetarian Cannibal (Croatian)
– blow (n.)
– sugar daddy
– “Bury my eyes into this life!”
– Mood piece
– Cult classic
– Black humor
– Magic realism
– In-carnation – In order to LIVE WITH someone, you also must (be willing to) DIE FOR them!
A Touch of Sin (Chinese)
Young & Beautiful (French)
– Is man a wild or a domestic animal?
He is neither AND he is both!
He is free 🙂
Blue is the Warmest Colour (French)
– He/she who does not live in harmony with his/her body, knows nothing yet about the meaning of life!
– Bon vivant
– Life > world > self
– share link
The Shooter (Danish)
The Grand Beauty (Italian)
Ponmaalai Pozhudhu (Tamil)
– “She who has fully enjoyed her body can never again live in submission.”
– No one & everyone
Anybody & somebody
Six Acts (Hebrew)
Harmony Lessons (Kazakh)
– Fair game
– Human flesh = Worded earth!
– Tell Joanna to watch “Few Good Men”
– Listen to Words, SFG recordings
– Theology as systematic, critical & imaginative reflection on spirituality.
Ethics as systematic,…… on morality.
– App of the week
– Intimate (spousal) interrogation!
– Self-preservation, self-control & self-respect
Self-denial, self-sacrifice & self-emptying
– The more independent she becomes, the more I am attracted to her……!
– What we are
What we want
What we ought
– Metaphysical ethics
– Evolutionary perspective
– Marxist & Feminist
Phenomenological & Existentialist
– Existentialism – dialectic & crisis
– Dialogue & debate
Conversation & discussion
– Indirect experience
– Friendship & sexuality
Marriage & chastity
Is the substance leaking out of the borders, or is the boundary itself blurred??
– Lust as ‘forbidden love’!
– Violent love
– All theology is mystical, & therefore doxological!
– Literature = psychology + philosophy
– One-flesh union & self-transcendence!
– What does the Song (of Songs) have to do with marriage?!
– Christian gnosticism
– Virtue & virility
– Romance as a romantic idea!
– Both narcissism & altruism are morbid perversions/poisonous evils!
– Spirituality & religion ~ sexuality & marriage
Organic unity or artificial imposition?
– If your vocation is more inward (like mine), and less of social justice/welfare, then it’s ok to emigrate to a (more) developed country (politically & economically), so that you can focus more on stuff like philosophy, spirituality & culture, instead of spend so much energy fighting the structural evils around you……
– Roger Ebert
– iPad & Torrent salvation!
– Disagree, not disregard
– Sex – nature, desire & activity
– Autonomy, harmony & happiness
– What you have
What you do
Where you live
Who you live with
What you like
What you live for
– Freedom of the will & self-mastery
– Knowledge, joy & love ~ truth, beauty & goodness ~ faith, hope & love
I am not a capitalist – living to make money
I am not a socialist – working to make the world a better place
I am not a spiritualist – seeking GOD
So what am I?!
But I don’t want to be just another hedonist or epicurean……
– Beauty, talent & fame
– Read more literature – novels, poetry, etc.
– Everything is taxed!
I want to live in a country where there is least government interference…
– nettle (v.)
– Desires, duties & principles
Goals, interests & expectations
– Maintain the sense of the divine with rigorous (exhausting, & ultimately futile) spiritual discipline… or relax, enjoy life & be good!
– Are spirituality (tree of life) & morality (tree of knowledge of good & evil), lovers, or enemies, or……?
– Apolitical philosophers
– The only deontological ethic is Kant’s categorical imperative.
The only ethological ethic is love.
The only utilitarian/teleological ethic is the highest common good.
– Be original/authentic
– Where does morality fit into the scheme of the True, the Beautiful & the Good?
– “You must always do what you feel/like/want”
Law (of desire) ~ slavery (to desire)
– No freedom, no justice
– The only obligation/duty is to uphold the rights of others as for oneself!
– Women theologians
– No variety, no vibrancy!
– Elevating the level of public discourse
– The theology of GOD
– Questions as angles
– Experience belief practice
– Worship – loving, knowing & serving GOD
– Human being (personhood) > human life (biological)
– Is there a “right to die”?!
– What about ‘natural abortions’??
– In biology, life is no more valuable than death… Both (together) are vital!
Stem cell research
– Deicide, suicide & homicide
– Legalism, libertarianism & slavery
Authority, freedom & welfare
– Blood, sweat & tears
Money, possessions & status
– Freedom > survival?!
– Does GOD want to be ‘sovereign’?
– The process of dying
– The non-aggression axiom
– A relationship between equals that is mutually empowering
– When GOD takes in Egyptians & Ethiopians as “my people”, is he being ‘unfaithful’ to Israel?
– Victorian sexual morality & capitalist economy
– No transcendence (of diversity), no universality/unity
– Pure consciousness perfect bliss!
– Only the lazy are hassled. The active are always slow & steady!
– Absurdity, tragedy & happiness
– Fate, philosophy & joy
– Sex & Agape
Love & Eros
– Bug fixes
– Hot marital sex
– Legal philosophy
– Sexual metaphysics
– Conservative liberal radical!
– Normality, morality & legality
– Contentious, provocative, controversial
– Kosher lust
– Richard Posner
– Masturbation, pornography & marriage
– Marxism, feminism & environmentalism
The real, the natural & the sane
Sabbath rhythm (whole week) Vs.
Weekly Sabbath (one day)
The feeling heart, the understanding mind & the hearing/seeing ears/eyes
In the path of progress, you need both the energy to advance toward destiny & the safeguards against getting derailed!
Redeeming guilt, by mutually reconciling the super-ego & the id, within the matrix of the ego
Ecosystem – the physical, biological, social & spiritual Web!
Paradox &/or dialectic?
The lack of terror/awe before GOD shows that he/it is nothing but a figment of your own projection (preference converted into imaginative reality)!
Worship as appeasement, offering & cultivation
Abraham/Genesis, Moses/Exodus & Paul/Romans
Nature & Humanity
Law & Grace
Salvation & mission
Self-revelation & law-giving
Solidarity & salvation
Ideals values priorities
Depression, addiction & aggression
The Other within the Self!
Becoming accustomed to horror
Curiosity, humour & resignation
Disgust, horror & remorse
Addiction, conflict & despair
Memories, fantasy & emotion
Soulfulness – inner priesthood/personal religion
Improvement, transformation & perfection
Honouring the dead
Sentimentality = silliness?
Affectivity = stupidity?
Art – the link between spirituality & science!
Logic, scope & consequences
Views & values
Choices & practices
Meaning > definition
Psychological truth Existential ethics
Intellectual ~ artificial?
Passion/desire vs. Purpose/focus
Body ownership & property rights
Capitalism & sexuality Communism & morality
Inner body Pain body
Old & new consciousness
Ego, self & soul
From thinking to knowing
From believing to loving
From feeling to being
From reacting to expressing
Harmonising & integrating the aesthetic & the ascetic!
Divine commandments, social morality, individual convictions, spiritual truths, religious doctrines, miraculous revelations……
Deeply, fully & intensely human!
Versions – studio, live, unplugged, remixed, etc.
Whatever love is or not, it is anti/non-hate!
Narcissism & Solipsism
Mindlessness ~ vulgarity
Euphemisms as distortions & even deceptions!
Generous & meticulous
Stupendous ~ Stupefying!
Voluptuous, luscious movies
Royals vs. Rulers
Hereditary & honorary titles
Evil ~ lesser
Love – biological, sexual & psychological
What about intellectual, moral & spiritual love??
Idolatry ~ insubordination
So be it!
Sublimating fear, powerlessness & loneliness
Casual, smart & responsible
Honesty & trust
Respect & generosity
Fantasy, promiscuity & intimacy
Erotic, sexual & romantic
Intellectual, aesthetic & moral
Sattva, Rajas & Tamas
Aspiration, rejection & surrender
Knowledge, power & freedom!
Inward plumbing ~ upward reaching ~ all-encompassing!
Body, mind & will Spirit, consciousness & love
From thinking, feeling & acting Being, knowing & yielding
Relax, imagine & laugh
Listen, embrace & walk
Prana, Kriya, Isha
Spirit/GOD Word/Christ (medium) Body/man
Why do you throw your mobile & tablet around like that?!
Lover of wisdom ~ seeker of truth
Faith ~ imagination ~ understanding
The Christian caricature of other religions!
Our chief work is to overcome the omnipotent & ubiquitous grip of vanity (contemporary culture), and ascend up into the realm of Spirit, and then descend into the depths of matter, so that from that extreme height & depth, a new middle may spring forth, fresh & vital!
The spiritual significance of the brain, face, heart, stomach, skin & genitals
Suffer, not give up, & laugh!
Maybe the only way to find out what you really want is to let go of all that you think you want!
That is the Only Commandment…… The Great Ought!
Using sarcasm for rebuke!
Delusions & projections
Fighting is not always, or even usually, hating…
Soup, stew, sauce
Stigma, taboo & moralism
Pleasure, procreation & salvation
Consciousness, rationality & conscience
We, in & through the Son, relate to GOD as Father who begets us, & the Holy Spirit who proceeds from the Father into us and through us into the world…
Confess, experience & follow Christ
Right knowledge/theology, right worship/liturgy & right living/ethics
Divine revelation & human subjectivity
Heresy & apostasy
The meaning of place & occasion
Believe, pray & love ~ think, feel & act
Incarnation transfiguration crucifixion
The whole package is called Atonement/Salvation
Faith, hope & love ~ trust, work & enjoy!
Liturgical (ecclesiastical) ~ sacramental (cosmic)!
Person, life & work
Maybe I should join (collaborate with) SCM (Student Christian Movement) – Liberal ministry in Chennai!
Sometimes, contrary to our certain expectations, mistakes can be worse than sins!
Agriculture & the Eucharist