E.g. Chaos & order, freedom & bondage, life & death
– Intoxicated by solitude! 😇
– Is this fantastic climate the greatest gift that I have received in/from Bengaluru?
– What did Nietzsche mean by “Beyond Good & Evil”?
Did he intend it as an indicator of the amorality of human decisions, like the choice between colors…?
So then, how do I choose between alternate ways of life??
Can there be no absolute evaluation?
– Know thyself ~ know the limitations of thy knowledge (& start pushing!?)
– The 3 Delphic maxims
– Somatic consciousness
The law of parsimony
– Why is self-examination so boring & bitter?
– Jesus – Son of GOD, King of Israel, perfect human & Saviour of the world
Grace: gratitude –> forgiveness
The Kingdom to come – the inverted world order
– Anti-aesthetic art
– Fuck the (fixed) daily rhythm.
The Earth 🌎 is 3/4th water 💦 (chaos) and only 1/4th land (order).
So, suspend the plan within the matrix of spontaneity, instead of the other way around!
– Life is an intoxicating drudgery! 😷
– Do you have any understanding of Latin American & African philosophies?
World > West + East!
– Mindfulness – harmonizing, & ultimately integrating, emotion & will!
– Sleep + chores + study/reflection + entertainment + socializing = life.
What is missing here?
– Norway – how could people in such a gloomy & cold climate be so happy??
– The multicultural self
Intercultural/world/comparative philosophy & spirituality
– Transcendental ego
NPA (non-performing assets)
SJW (social justice warrior)
Politics of possibility
World Social Forums
Moral authority & political power
– It IS critical to BE critical.
– Can an idealist also be conservative?
Can a pragmatist also be progressive?
– Complacency, hypocrisy, cowardice, resignation, boredom, numbness, indifference, compromise, superficiality, mediocrity, (jealousy & bitterness too?), etc.
My intimate nemeses…!
– Being human – is it possible to be both a unique individual & a good citizen?
– Baroque conceit
Consensus reality & social responsibility
Freak ~ failure ~ original
Being truly myself ~ being fully human
Normalize ~ objectify ~ enslave
The sovereign subject
Self-trust >> risk-taking
The alienating logic of the defense-system
Consciousness as gullible energy
The inextricability of biology & society, & the task of spiritual liberation
– From something,
To (something NEW)……?!
– Depression (painful) >> boredom (emptiness) >> ??
– What is the main difference between Aana paana and Vipassana meditation?
The glorious ordinary
– Dark comedy/serious frivolity (“Ha ha ha ha!”)
Light tragedy/empty substance (“O, so sad!”)
– Subvert ~ infect ~ corrupt
Only total chaos can overthrow this monstrous order!
– How can something unreal die?
– The O is nothing but the I wholly curved in upon itself!
– What would happen to you in a year, if you simply made the small changes in your everyday life that you know you should?
– Jordan Peterson’s rules for life
(modified by me)
Speak the truth (& act as if you cannot lie).
Don’t do anything that you hate.
Dream bold (imagine the brightest possible future for yourself) & then make a plan.
Stay connected with people. But be careful who you get close with.
Try to make one room in your house as beautiful as possible.
Compare yourself to who you were yesterday, not to who someone else is today.
Work as hard as you possibly can on at least one thing, and see what happens. Nothing well done is insignificant.
Write down your earliest & most painful memories, expressing yourself as completely & clearly as you can. Learn to think critically & precisely through reflective writing.
Do not carelessly denigrate social institutions.
Treat yourself as if you are someone else that you were made responsible for, or someone dependent you had to take care of.
Ask for help when you need it. But beware of trying to save others. And whenever you feel like criticizing the world, check if your own house is in perfect order.
Dress like the person you want to be. Stand up straight with your shoulders back.
Don’t avoid something frightening if it stands in your way, & don’t unnecessarily do anything dangerous.
If you dislike your spouse/children, do something about it, sooner rather than later.
Love people & use things, don’t love things & use people.
Do not hide or run away from the negatives in you.
Note that opportunity lurks where responsibility has been abdicated.
Read something written by someone great. Get to know the works of art that have stood the test of time.
Pet a dog/cat when you encounter one, and don’t bother children at play.
Don’t let bullies get away with it.
Write a letter to the government, if you see something that needs fixing, and propose a solution.
Remember that what you do not yet know might be what you need the most.
Look out for reasons to be grateful in every situation.
– Is it possible that sometimes, reality is even better than fantasy??
– In cahoots
The marriage of illusion & futility
– I think Alan Watts & UGK are actually friends!
– Rationality is experiential/conditioned, and therefore also fallible/restrictive…
The tangle & rumble of spirit & emotion……
In order for the new to be, there is no need to resist the old, just desist from it!
Fighting the evildoer/evil one
– Life course
– ICC Champions Trophy 2017 final – match analysis:
What was the reason behind India’s dismal performance yesterday?
Just another (rare, but inevitable) “bad day at the office”? I don’t think so.
Why were the Indians less hungry/passionate than the Pakistanis?
I think it’s a matter of the heart/mind and not just strategy/skills.
But the result is good for cricket overall! Pak is back with a bang 👍
– Noam Chomsky
– “I would prefer not to”
– Serious comic
Profound graphic novel
– Art Spiegelman
– Those people who (claim they) are not narcissists are the most dangerous monsters around!
– Which is better – a contemplatively (s)paced lifestyle or regular spiritual disciplines?
– What are the greatest/best graphic novels of all time?
– Female intellectuals