– Adam (disobeying the commandment) ~ Israel (struggling with GOD) ~ Man
To be human is to be able & willing to redefine oneself by acting AGAINST – what is given – one’s own nature!
This is a unique capacity which the other species lack.
Self-transformation as a suicidal (& salvific) attempt!
– Conquering time by becoming completely momentary in one’s consciousness…
– Can the will-spirit-intellect complex liberate us from biological & cultural determinism?
– To be human is to be free of “humanity”.
– Humane killing
– Does artificial intelligence mean that it is real & man-made, or is the intelligence itself only apparent?
– The interface & interaction between the internal & external world, I can understand. But, what about the cyberworld??
Culture is both within & without, so is nature. And Grace…?
How many actual persons have you met so far?
– “Do not let your hearts be distressed. You believe in God; believe also in me.
John 14:1 NET
Refer NET notes.
In spite of all the evidence to the contrary, dare to believe in the divinity in/of Man!
– A person is usually oriented primarily toward one of the 3:
– “A child educated only at school is an uneducated child.” – George Santayana
Can an unschooled child be educated?
– Fuck GOD.
Fuck this world.
I believe in doubt.
I believe in anger.
I believe in life.
I believe in desire.
I believe in discipline & struggle.
I believe in creativity.
I believe in variety & change.
I believe in authenticity (uniqueness + integrity).
I believe in leisure & contemplation.
– Human evolution is not a natural/automatic process, but a costly/intentional enterprise.
All gurus/leaders are ahead of their time, because it is by their blood that history progresses!
– How dare the institutional/organizational authorities presume the right to dictate the sexual & spiritual dynamics its member-relations!
– Learning (how) to relax in Hell!
– Are anger & sorrow the outer and inner sides of the same thing?
If so, what is that thing?
– High politics and low politics
Pop culture and celebrity politicians
“Jah Rastafari” – African Christianity. There is NO pure, non-contextualized spirituality!
I can smell a tinge of sexual liberation in the mix…
Compare with Bob Dylan & Martin Luther King Jr.
– Board games for 2 or more (on my iPad Mini):
Back Gammon, Draughts, Chinese Checkers, Chess, Scrabble
– It is absolutely crucial that your formation includes exposure to alternative (as opposed to mainstream) culture.
Take the effort to dig and find what is not pushed into your face 24/7.
It’s worth it!
– Balanced diet:
- Classical & contemporary
- Local/Eastern/underground & global/Western/mainstream
- All genres – science, art, philosophy, religion, etc.
– Law, Management, Economics, etc.
Are these sciences or arts??
Iconic irony & an ironic icon
Extreme balance & balanced extremes
– Plato – are philosophers just failed politicians?
– “Do not easily despise institutions & traditions.” – Jordan Peterson
(And I would add that the family is the most ancient & conventional of them all)
Yes, I humbly repent of my immature arrogance, sir! (No, seriously) 🙏😒
– The philosopher is often charged with impiety, indecency, sedition, immorality, etc.
– Why aren’t all intelligent people also virtuous?
– From perplexity to intrigue
– Spiritual reading < > life skills < > character qualities
– Theoretical experience
– Preach, baptize, teach, commune & send
– The Christological pattern/cycle:
The Incarnation of the Word > Jesus’s birth > work > suffering > death > resurrection > ascension
> re-incarnation (Pentecost) > birth (Apostolic age) > ……
Adam > Abraham > Israel > Prophets > Jesus > Apostles > Church > ?
– Blood, sweat, tears ~ seed, fruit, roots
– Strength of conviction – willingness to change = dogmatism
Willingness to change – strength of conviction = relativism
Strength of conviction + willingness to change = wisdom!
– From Indian cricket team fan(atic) to cricket connoisseur and global citizen
– apotropaic sign
Shaka (“hang loose”)
– After sitting for mindful breathing, feel the pulse @ both your wrists. Then smile, and tell yourself “Life is awesome”! 😊
– Anarchism/libertarianism is the ideal world order. But people are not ready for it yet. Will we ever be……??
– When it seems like nothing is happening, you will realize there is a lot going on, if you only look carefully enough……
Line of Actual Control (LAC)
Mutual recognition & reciprocal consideration
“Not out of the woods yet”
What’s the difference between entrepreneurs, snowmen, politicians & criminals?
But wasn’t someone like Nixon, in the past, as bad as Trump?
– Why do most conversations stagnate at the level of small talk?
How do we make genuine friends out of mere acquaintances?
– Do I have to filter even the basic drive toward helpfulness through my vocational identity grid?
– Do you know which time of the day is optimal for each activity in your routine?
– Do you know why, how & when to be strict or lenient with yourself?
– Why do we call ourselves “eccentrics”??
When are anything but……!? (Do they already know this?)
It’s fashionable/cool/hip to call yourself such things these days.
We’re just a bunch of hapless workaholics. Even our casual dinner conversations are about workplace issues… 😂
– The sane wicked and the crazy righteous
Most people fall into one of these 2 categories.
The crazy wicked and the sane righteous are very rare.
– If I make the most of this next 1 year of my life by diligently working and moderating it with adequate indulgence, then I will be ready for the 40s…
I want to grow up without becoming old.
I know elderly people who feel ashamed that they are still sexually alive!
– Why do even such highly educated people have a victim mentality??
Spirituality + philosophy + art is the only way out of this deadlock!
– I must try to overcome my hesitation in speaking candidly (like saying No) even when entertaining guests.
I must learn how to do it politely.
– “The Black Freighter” in “The Watchmen”
How important are imagination & theory in equipping us to live well in the “real” world?
– Doing the right thing(s) consistently is the key to feeling happy (mostly).
– Shutting the sense doors periodically is the key to maximal overall sensual enjoyment.
– Can a Buddha experience sexual orgasm?
– SwiftKey doesn’t predict “orgasm”.
Why?? Are it’s makers prudish techies?
– Bob Dylan’s glorious ramble of a Nobel speech!
How/why did a singer/songwriter win the highest literature prize??
This is a vindication of my use of contemporary song lyrics for reading poetry!
– Hey! I need to tell you something that has been on my mind for a while.
Some sensitive stuff that I hesitated to express, because of the emotional charge/baggage it carries…
Are we ready to handle it now?
- I’m an introvert. So, don’t keep asking me to call people and talk to them about certain agenda.
- I’m not yet a proper member of your movement/process, so remember that difference when it comes to (dealing with) our disparate levels of engagement with this enterprise.
- Since your work requires you to constantly communicate with others far away from you, you need to be willing to get whatever is necessary for it. And not expect me to be your messenger whenever you go “offline”.
– Are you just using him as a source of financial income and is he just using you as an emotional crutch?
He is totally identified with his work/profession and you are totally lost in your own inner world.
Actually, at the level of the spirit, you both have nothing to do with each other, nevertheless you remain a “couple”!
– Why are there 2 creation accounts in Genesis?
Account ~ story ~ genealogy ~ particulars ~ record – this is what became of xyz……
Introduction (to the next section)
Summary (of the previous one)
NET Bible – translation notes and study notes
Chaos/disorder ~ emptiness/void (NOT nothingness!)
Call ~ name ~ bless ~ command ~ order
– When doing something, just (forget yourself &) do it. Don’t let your mind interfere with concentrated action!
– DON’T let your depression (psychological state) push you into pessimism (philosophical outlook).
And don’t let that, in turn, poison your relationship(s) with negativity……
– Yoga postures must be done meditatively – slowly, smoothly, mindfully, accurately.
Not like the usual “exercises”!
– No pain, no inspiration!
So, should I just not do anything to heal myself??
– “The nothing nothings” – Heidegger
1/2 or 1-2
0/3 or 0-3
– Giorgio Agamben
Historical contingency over logical necessity
From a dialectical metaphysics to a philosophy of indifference
Inherently unstable, self-negating system
Indistinction, indiscernibility, suspension, inoperativity
A radical intent toward the past
A revolutionary hermeneutic of the present
Imagining a non-messianic future
Norms of intelligibility & forms of communicability
Power as organizing control
Metonymy, metaphor & analogy
Orders of relationality
Language as oath – self-referential performance as opposed to denotative functioning
Sanctioned modes of intelligibility
Predetermined ways of thinking, speaking & acting, institutionalized in large-scale structures of behavior
Ideation as what goes on in between the sensible and the suprasensible
– If the Holy Spirit proceeds from the Father & the Son, then the time for the passing of the progenitors and the rise of the offspring has come!
– I really miss my old gang – a handful of close cousins & friends – we used to gather & have all-night orgies of conversation!
– Just because you’re good at questioning & challenging, even subverting, the past, doesn’t mean that you’re also moving toward a better future!
It’s easy to erase the old lines, but it is harder to redraw a more beautiful image……
– If change is the ultimate reality, then no-thing can exist (permanently) and that includes nothingness!
So then, is शून्यता the final शखांरा?!
GOD is embodied consciousness. And there is no point in trying to destroy what cannot be killed. (Rev. 1:18)
Anyway, why should we even pursue such a goal??
– GOD is (found) in the space, in between the various aspects of your personal life, in between your inward & outer life, in between you and other people and in between your context and the world outside.
– WOW! These people are so busy, happy, social, fulfilled, healthy, satisfied, successful…
I despise them all!
(And the feeling is mutual) 😛
– Co-heart(s) – I have no soul mate.
If one is intimately compatible only with a mirror image, then why are we attracted to the exotic and different?? 😕😠
“Birds of a feather flock together”
Maybe you should marry someone from the first & have friends from the second!
But what if it’s all inverted now? What can/should be done??
Maybe you can learn how to cultivate whatever is missing in your relationality?
To be human is to be able to understand the way things are, and more importantly, to have the capacity to imagine a better scenario and work intelligently and intentionally toward it……!