– Depression – trying a new method of self-care (as essential to the treatment, along with medication).
Pamper the flesh – just relax completely, whenever you feel miserable. Then slowly, coax the body using the will to move & perform the usual routine, but this time with more awareness & finesse.
Mindful breathing + yoga moves = body-mind integration
Let’s see how this goes.
The mind thinks all that the body wants is safety, pleasure & rest, but it is wrong! The mind does NOT know the body. We must stop thinking about, & speaking to, the body, & start listening to it more.
– From the wild animality of the jungle (dangerous environment), we have now moved into the impersonal mechanism of the city (enslaving systems).
How shall we regain the garden again?
Can it ever be??
We, as individuals have lost touch with our own bodies, and as a society we have been alienated from the planet.
Why did this happen, & how can we rectify this?
– The Arts need the Sciences just as much as the Sciences need the Arts.
– Moving from culture as nature to nature as culture.
– Melancholia (film) – is it possible to optimally function in this world, & also be ready (even eager!) for its extinction?
– Jordan Peterson hates postmodernism, but loves Nietzsche. How come?
– Randomize ~ revolutionize ~ radicalize ~ liberate!
– The antidote to depression is not medication (retreat), it is aggression (offense)!
The war of socio-psycho-biology and philosophico-mystical-spirituality
– True life is neither inward nor outward, it is (all that goes on) in-between!
– Can the pure physiology of UGK & the perfect nihilism of Nietzsche be harmonized &/or integrated?
Spirituality is more than (mere) biology, but it is also less than (contemporary) culture!
self-alienation & self-knowledge
Originatory & originality
– Cardinality & ordinality
I always used to count the day in which we are born (zero age value) as our first (by numerical order) birthday.
I am the Zero without which you are not one.
I do nothing, so that you can be something!
– Zero, infinity & uncertainty
Negating the negative!
E.g. Solitude vs. Depression
– Superficiality & compulsion >> stress
What could be the antidote then?
– Curiosity + criticality >> creativity!
– Zeroing in
– Tinder as a social psychology experiment
E.g. I am a post-Christian, not ex-Christian
– Bengaluru – the confluence of North & South (India)
Maybe I don’t need to learn Kannada after all. I can manage with Hindi…
– Intellectual > academic
– Radical ~ negative ~ critical ~ subversive ~ liberatory ~ revolutionary
– Dusk today ~ 7:05 pm
– Spiritual formation = studying the great + self-examination + dialogue
– Thoughts ~ representations
Rationality & morality
Desire & will
What (beliefs & practices) does it take to have (true) knowledge of the (real) self?
– Trying new non-routines
Dis-&-re orienting… ad infinitum!
– If you have accepted that you are outside the world-system, then why do you still struggle to maintain a social identity??
You are not strong enough yet, to be completely free…!
(but you will become, if you keep at it)
– Remembrance (of my own principles) as reactivation (of my spirit)
– The poet as heterodox prophet/marginal expert
– The politics of the individual
The rhetoric of Ethics and the ethics of Rhetoric
Thinking without knowing, & knowing without thinking
Speaking without loving, & loving without speaking
Believing without doing, & doing without believing
Criticizing analysis and analyzing criticism
Madness & magic
Development as modification
Social theory & human science
The plural self
– How did Critical Theory itself become an ideology?!
– Socio-psychic – all persons are influenced by their culture, but not all individuals are able to affect the society in which they live.
– Is any religion as thoroughly historical (in its theology) as Christianity?
Not even (contemporary) Judaism!
– If to live (physically) is to die, then to die (spiritually) is to live!
Life goes on.
– One can “get used to” almost anything……
– Listen to the silence,
Peer into the void,
Feel the numbness,
Taste the blandness,
Smell the breeze,
Commune with yourself,
Contemplate the ineffable
Narcissus, becoming Leviathan……!
– Converting the naturally passives into active, and the previously actives into passive…
– What does the (external) climate have to do with the (internal) mood?
– Classical science
The hermeneutic approach
– “To know who I am is a species of knowing where I stand.” – Charles Taylor
Hmmm… (my) identity is rooted in (my) morality.
Autobiography as introversion.
Even if one is in constant flux, there is still a place for identifying your position in the present.
– Bible Project – reading the entire Bible as a single, unified (meta)narrative is problematic, isn’t it?
Hyper-immanent personal process!