1:00 am – 7 am – strict nights
3:00 am – 7 am – freaky nights (Saturday & Wednesday)
No chores/ministry on freaky days
Snack – Rs. 200 every Thursday
No exercise only on Tuesdays (Monk) & Sundays (Sabbath)
My new routine – 2 steps forward, 1 step sideways! 😉
– Desires/beliefs >> values >> priorities >> principles >> rules >> lifestyle choices >> habits >> character >> consequences >> experience >> wisdom!
– Double whammy
IDM (music genre)
“The Green Room”
“Is the man who is tall happy?”
“True Detective” Season 1
savage & picturesque
– Whatever happened to that 13 year old kid in the ITTF event?!
– Table Tennis – Distinguish:
Topspin (forehand)/flick (backhand)
– “Prestige/status is like a powerful magnet that warps even your beliefs about what you enjoy. It causes you to work not on what you like, but what you’d like to like.”
– Paul Graham
Define your own “success”!
You first gotta have the spine to BE yourself, before you can find the way to become who you OUGHT to be…
– Is my dad an” orphan”?
– According to ATP statistics, if one player takes the first 2 sets, and the other one takes the next 2, who has more chances of winning the last one?
– Are there any self-evident truths at all?
– A child who knows she is a child –> a child who thinks she is an adult –> an adult who knows she is an adult –> an adult who thinks she is a child!
I have met only one, two or maybe three “adult” females in my entire life!
– The neighborhood sociopath – be very careful in distinguishing the spiritual, moral, cultural & psychological issues (in that order!).
And first affirm their full humanity (therefore their value & dignity) before even attempting to “understand” or “help” them.
– Financial budget & stomach capacity as natural boundaries to calorific intake during indulgence!
– A keyboard with undo & redo…!?
What if we could convert all hardware problems into software challenges?!
– How can the spiritual/cultural BIOS of the individual/society be hacked (accessed, analyzed & repaired)?
Who can/should do this – GOD, me, guru…?
– At least once a week, wake up early & catch the sun rising.
– It takes at least 24 hours for me to come back to normal (with you) after (our) conflicts
– Liquid diet – Soya milk, spiced low fat lassie, infused herbal tea, sugarless mixed fruit juice, skimmed milk
Powders – Fenugreek, cardamom, cumin, coriander
Basil green tea
– Wellness mania
Emotion as sensation
Breathing space between stimulus & response
Courageous ~ creative
Confident ~ calm
Ignorant ~ slavish
Selfish ~ unhappy
Purity ~ clarity
Apps – Coach.me, Mindly, Unstuck, etc.
1. Sunday – feasting!
2. Monday – grilled chicken breast/fish/prawn + fruits/vegetables + nut/dry fruit mix
3. Tuesday – Liquids (fresh fruit juice, soya milk, herbal tea, spiced low-fat lassi)
4. Wednesday – brown channa/rajma + fruits/vegetables + nuts/dry fruit mix
5. Thursday – normal food + snacking
6. Friday – grilled fish/prawn/chicken breast + fruits/vegetables + cereal with skimmed milk
7. Saturday – ragi/millet/sprouts + fruits/vegetables + nuts/dry fruit mix
– New brief bio:
I am a 37 year old male, living in Chennai (India).
Currently in an intimate & committed relationship with a 27 year old girl.
Introvert. Open-minded & adventurous. Intellectual. Maverick. Eccentric. Contemplative. Autodidact.
Passionate about spirituality, philosophy, culture, sexuality, etc.
Love candid & serious conversation.
Looking for unique, interesting people, to make new friends.
– The personal growth industry
– Workspace ergonomics
Emile Zola (sexy name 😉)
“A Brief Encounter” (1945)
Definitely deserves its place among the all-time great (especially romance) films!
Imagine yourself in the place of the innocent partners, and the protagonist spouses.
– Chew, DON’T gobble!
Sip, DON’T gulp!
– Unwind or die!
– Start using timer for 5 min. break every 30 min. spent on e-stuff
– Mindful meditation
– 2 off days per week – 1 for relaxation (Thursday) & 1 for entertainment (Sunday)
2 movies per week – 1 critical/heavy & 1 light/fun
Indulgence:regular ~ 1:5
Extreme:moderate ~ 1:2.5
– Health math – BMI, WHR & BMR calculation
– Vitality > fulfillment
Expression >> happiness
I lie down & try to discern the essence of Christianity.
Is it high ideals? Is it loving people? Is it Jesus Christ?
I am not satisfied by any of these answers…
– Free online self help/personal growth/self development/life skills/mentoring/coaching/training courses
Time for Immanuel Joseph v. 3.0! 😇
– 3 levels of Rule of Life:
1. Founation/essence – underlying rhythm
2. Regular/routine – repeating activities
3. Particular/scheduled – important tasks
– “Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one’s definition of your life; define yourself.”
– Robert Frost
If you don’t respect yourself, then don’t expect others to respect you!
All are equal in worth, but not everyone is equal in accomplishment.
– Alternate days
3 days a week – chores
3 days a week – contemplative
(Morning & night rhythm – 6 days a week)
– Web apps
– Shit happens.
Content discovery & curation
– TV series:
Legion – Chapter 1
There is no Marxism, only Marxists.
There are no capitalists, only capitalism.
GOD – Christ, Gospel & Church – Holy Trinity!
“What if you’re NOT insane?!”
What if they all were wrong?!
“The Prestige” (2006)
Nice title, with double meaning!
So, who won in the end?? I don’t think anyone did.
Compare with the movie “Amadeus”
The Bhagavad Gita teaches that you can/must kill your enemy, because of the fact of (his/her) eventual reincarnation…
Peter Rollins’ book “The Divine Magician” – the pledge, the turn & the prestige
– Use your mind to heal the body!
Beast (body) &
Machine (exists) for (the sake of) beast,
Beast (exists) for (the sake of) mind.
Mind (can be used) for (taking care of) beast &
Machine (can be used) for (serving the) mind.
Mind makes machine, yes. But never does the mind & beast exist for the machine!
Beware the demonic reversals…… 💀
– Yes, there is no self – Buddhism (metaphysical/subconscious mind)
Yes, the self is one with GOD – Hinduism (mystical/collective consciousness)
Yes, the self is a unique individual – Christianity (existential/will)
Yes, the self is the functioning cerebral cortex – secular humanism (empirical/biological organism)