Genius, obsession and cruelty!
Narcissism, megalomania, perfectionism, sociopath, etc.
Again… no pathology, no greatness (hero/champion).
Hmmm… seems like another good example of the early abandonment and adult charisma thesis (David Aberbach).
“Why do you want people to dislike you?
– I don’t want people to dislike me. I’m indifferent to whether they dislike me.
– Well…since it doesn’t matter? I always have.
– Really? I’ve always liked you a lot. That’s too bad.”
“What did you do?! What did you do?! Why has Lisa not heard of me?
– Shit, man, how many fourth-graders have heard of you?
– You can’t write code. You’re not an engineer, you’re not a designer, you can’t put a hammer to a nail. I built the circuit board, the graphical interface was stolen from Xerox PARC, Jeff Raskin was the leader of the Mac team before you threw him off his own project… everything! Somebody else designed the box! So how come 10 times in a day I read Steve Jobs is a genius? What do you do?”
– I play the orchestra. And you’re a good musician.”
Man, I love Fassbender (even more now)! And Boyle is great too.
And the inter-personal confrontations (4-5 delicious, explosive encounters at least) are just more gripping than most (violent) action scenes.
Reminds me (a little) of my own journey… the reproduction part may be in the future!?
What about the ending??
He just fades away, once he looks away from the spotlight, and starts moving toward her…!