– Keep the notion of “the kingdom of God” in the NT (especially the Gospels) always firmly connected with the history of (theocracy/monarchy in) Israel.
– Reading the writings of the great apostles/prophets (both OT & NT) critically (identifying the faults in their teachings and conduct), in the light of the spirit of the entire Bible, is essential for faithful Christian living!
– Respect & trust your teacher/leader.
Don’t think YOU know better. Don’t be too suspicious.
But at the same time, DON’T blindly follow him/her.
When you get a taste/glimpse of GOD, you experience him as the opposite of the dogmas!
– Non-celibate priests are like lungs without oxygen. Right?
Sexual sublimation is a hoax. Right?
– I guess spiritual growth starts with a naïve optimism, then a grave realism, & finally a leonine laughter!
– There should be no fixed/absolute centre among the elements of theology (Scripture, Spirit, tradition, reason, experience, body, community, culture, etc.). They should all be in a perichoretic dialectic!
– Desire –> believe –> think –> feel
– Oh God! I need to escape from being inundated by this verbosity…
– Revive the vernaculars!
Tirukkural, Bhagavad Gita, etc.
For all those interested/involved in education
Oh the joys and heartaches of being a teacher……!
Consider your people (NOT ‘flock’!) as a GOD-given trust.
– “Yatagarasu” (Hindu MPTF) – more of a song-&-dance performance than a play proper!
To what extent does the theater ambiance and audience affect the performance/quality of a play?
– Self-mentoring – folly/hubris??
Material > economic > financial
– Opposition as relation
– “Solitude is good, but not when you’re alone”
– The Roman Catholic doctrine of the immaculate conception (of Mary)
The Protestant doctrine of the infallibility of (the human authors of) Scripture/canon
Screw both! 😉
– Budget (monthly income) – 10% giving (charity) + 10% investment (LIC) + 10% saving (gold) + 10% buffer (SB)
So, only 60% for other monthly expenses!?
– I think the maximal potential of an adult (in terms of spiritual maturity & physical ability) is during the 35 – 45 period.
But what if this decade is consumed with child-rearing & taking care of ageing parents??
Or mid-life depression?!
Hmmm…… how can I be intentional & smart about this?
“What is enlightenment?”
“When you’re hungry, eat. When you’re tired, sleep.”
Zishy meaning – stuff that leave something to the imagination 😉
– Brain games:
Lumosity – Elevate – Peak
– Working through conflict together –> increased intimacy!
– My newsletter subscriptions:
Daily Manna from Biblica
Gospel Reflection from Notre Dame
Weekly Poem from Jayne Ferrer
School of Life
World Wisdom quotes
Prime Minister of India
– Mat. 25:1-13 (NET)
And the wise virgins said, “NO”!
Always have extra (buffer/margin).
Wise ~ alert in the present & prepared for the future.
They all slept, including the wise. Not all who are relaxed are safe!
He said, I DON’T KNOW YOU ~ Beware, for YOU DON’T KNOW
“The road to Hell is paved with good intentions.” – Søren Kierkegaard
The Kingdom ~ my death ~ the Second Coming ~ the destruction of the earth ~ New Age – DON’T relegate it to the (distant) future!
Wisdom as gift
Wisdom as discipline
Prayer as the watchfulness that discerns the presence of GOD in every place, therefore making every moment weighty!
– Am I a ‘blogger’?
– “Anxiety is the dizziness of freedom” – Kierkegaard
Ah! I know exactly what that means. 😬
Oh how peacefully these others live……! 😦
– tableaux vivant
– “You are not the only one, who feels like the only one.” – David Crowder Band
– Daily rhythm – when you have important thing-to-do that were left undone yesterday, then give those items priority today.
So the daily schedule is primarily not about the division between each day, but the list/order of tasks to be completed.
Or, maybe the daily to-do list must be systematically spread over two days, if the rhythm is to be truly contemplative……!
– Do you know how thin the ice, that you’re standing on, is?!
– “The soul is the prison of the body”
“The politics of meaning”
Subjectification ~ soularization
Force-fields & power-relations
Practices & resistances
The diffusion of power
Systems > institutions
Data mining & conceptual mapping
Reservoir of artefacts
Poetics & politics
Patriarchy, androcentrism & heterosexualism
Hierarchy of logics
Subjective relativism & social atomism
“monos pros monon”
GOD’S eros as Kingdom ethos
– Psychological truths
– SwiftKey is not able to (auto-)correct words when the first letter is (typed) wrong
– What does sex/desire have to do with death/destruction?
– The fraud of power & the power of fraud
The law of love & desiring the good