– Describing/explaining love…
3 principles/rules for relationships (especially marriage):
1. Don’t do anything to hurt the other intentionally.
2. Don’t directly harm the other.
3. Don’t omit what you owe to the other.
Anything else that the other finds offensive or upsetting is negotiable & is case-specific, but these three are absolutely binding general values.
Duty is NOT such a bad word after all!
– Aroon Purie
– “Remember who the real enemy is!”
– Dirty bomb
– Weapons of peace
– Original ~ scandalous ~ scapegoat!
– Mercy triumphs over judgment – special concern for the interests of the weaker party is a higher principle than the objective evaluation of right & wrong.
The law is ultimately about the welfare of persons, & all rules are only means to this end.
– All transformations are disruptive/traumatic. There are NO non-violent revolutions!
– Idealism –> discontent –> rebellion –> martyrdom –> victory!
“‘Dabiq’ as it is called, bills itself as “a periodical magazine focusing on the issues of tawhid
manhaj (truth-seeking), hijrah (migration), jihad (holy war) and jama’ah(community).”
Literalism & infidelity!
– The Maccabean in me would see even people like Daniel & Ezra as cowards and traitors!
– Fluid intelligence
Was he a nihilist? If so, what do you mean by it?
“Jungle Book” (okay/cool)
The animation was amazing! But the characters & story were not gripping enough. I don’t know why…
Is Mowglie a wolf or a man? Coming-of-age film? Is it possible to live as a man in the jungle?
What is the spirit (behind/within the letter) of the Law? It can be explored only by striving to understand & keep the rules!
Water truce & peace rock… WOW – really possible?!
– I am B-R-O-K-E-N!
I am with Wesley. A (New Age?) Guru is with his followers. A live sex act is being performed before them. And as the Guru is speaking, a blank sheet of paper before them fills up with words! And they eagerly look into it…
Then as I am playing (with some kids?) on the slide, I tell Wesley that I don’t believe in all this prophesy stuff going around nowadays!
– Live action movies
I am SENT.
You are SENT.
Each & everyone is!
How well (perfectly or imperfectly) do you represent this One – His name, character & cause?
– Do what you are critical praxis
– Praxis, theory & poiesis
– Dialectic tension
– Liberal democratic moralistic blackmail
– Reconstructing the foundations
– Fresh repetition
– Colonial slight
– Objective violence
– Cheap moralization as an ideological operation
– Purely kenotic & truly total at once!
– An absolutely blasphemous language necessary for this revolutionary vocation
– America’s god is Capital(ism).
– What exists is the void & multiplicities
– Make, unmake & remake
– Pure voluntarism
– Tamed & maimed – most (single & married) people are NOT fit for marriage!
– A cold, cruel & calculating concern for others
– We need to ask what kind of system underlies & creates the need/necessity for this action/attitude/choice
– Negative freedom
– All powerlessness/helplessness is poverty.
– Does my wife have more right over/claim on me than that other person who needs my help?
Of course, not.
What a stupid question that is!
– Oil, water & food scarcity
– “New forms of Apartheid”
– No revolt, no love.
No rebellion, no faith.
No offensive, no hope.
– Apocalyptic appropriateness!
– Is theology the same as mythology?
– (New) England
– Puritan genocides & revivals
– The Doctrine of Discovery & Manifest Destiny
– The victorious (murderously glorious) GOD
– Is it possible to believe in the divinity & physical resurrection of Jesus Christ, without being filled/led by the Holy Spirit?
– The religious roots of today’s economic systems & cultural symbols
– Pray – reflect, discern, imagine, energize, prepare, rest…
– The Christian Constitution
The apocalyptic movement
The liberal secular
The theological myth
– There is a world of difference between someone who follows a principle, & someone who embodies the value represented by the rule!
– Libidinal economy
– Ideation ~ Imaginary
Negation ~ Real
Abstraction ~ Symbolic
– Shared realization
– Fetishized alter-egos
GOD Vs. Woman, in man!
The Real Vs. The Symbolic, in the realm of the Imaginary…
– The prohibition solicits its transgression
– Technical simulacra
– Abyssal vortex
– Exist to be exploited!
– Subjectivity as desire
– Experiencing suffering for the New Creation, as glory, is LOVE!
– The Kingdom of GOD – the passion, power & principles of Jesus (Samuel Siddhartha)
– Discursive fields
– Anti-disciplinary critique
– Intellectual climate
– Sociopathic prettification
– Physical culture
(Distinguish from material culture)
– Post-industrial information economy
– Orientalism & Asiaphilia
– So, (you believe) you’re not narcissistic!
– Filmic developments
– Uniquely clonable
– Economistic paradigm
– Jer. 31:4 – “Virgin”?!
– Praise ~ joyful shouts!
– The ancient Promise:
“I have loved you with an everlasting love; therefore I have drawn you (even now) with unfailing kindness.”
– Jer. 31:3-14 – was the return from exile really that glorious?? Wasn’t the aftertaste of judgment, tragedy & shame still present in the small remnant?
– “Israel, in the desert, out looking for a place to rest, met God, out looking for them!”
– “I’ll start over with you now, & build you up again, dear.”
I will never give up on you…… Ever!
– “Oh yes, GOD says so…
Watch what comes next!”
– The LORD my God
My foes & bullies
– “The One who scattered Israel will gather them together again.”
“I’ll make sure that my people have more than enough.”
– “Survivors of the sword being called upon to remember the LORD in that far-off land.”
– Enjoying the fruit of your land ~ reversing the curse
– Babylonian Talmud
– Reunited by the common place of worship
– Just stay alive, because rescue is coming!
– The New Exodus will outstrip the old!
– The post-exilic restoration – Israel is still subject to Babylon/Persia, right?
– Animal sacrifice – no fat for the people/priests…
– Pruning – by removing the branch that is fruitless, you not only destroy it, but you also (more importantly) make the vine more fruitful!
– Can you see that NOT ALL the grass on the other side of the fence is green?!
– Is universalism about individuals or groups of people?
What about the concepts of remnant & reprobate?
– Bearing fruit:
Spiritual disciplines –> Christian formation –> Glorifying GOD
– Listening to the Word ~ taking a bath!
– Astringent experiences
– I would rather be an animal than be a machine!
– Midlife – I have crossed the halfway mark!
– So what is it like to study (your experience of) pornography?
– New Exodus > Post-exilic restoration
– In order to fully obey Jesus, you must also be willing to truly challenge him!
– Early Church problems – theological error, internal conflict/moral corruption, and severe persecution
– The Torah as story, liturgy and ethics
– Testimony –> authority –> legacy
– I am sure of GOD’s love for me, but I am not certain that he exists!
– Unknowing, counter-thinking & reimagining
– Is it possible to both enjoy all pleasures & also be healthy/fit?
Is it possible to enter into the abyss of nothingness & still have a sense of meaning/purpose?
Is it possible to maintain radical individual freedom & also nurture intimate relationships?