– Immersive experiences are transformative, and they can be intentionally & purposefully designed!
– He wants to live here because:
1. Better standard of living (physical facilities – includes economic factors).
2. Getting away from local constraints like extended family, etc.
3. A liberal culture with more opportunities for self-expression, especially important when considering the kids’ future…
Am I right?
– Do you not know? Have you not heard? The Lord is an eternal God, the creator of the whole earth. He does not get tired or weary; there is no limit to his wisdom.
Isaiah 40:28 NET
“Kung Fu Panda 2” (Good)
Defining identity without being deterministic – overcoming one’s past – MAKING oneself!
All the external action is just background music (or noise) to the inner adventure.
Shifu’s discipline is nothing compared to Po’s giftedness – isn’t that unfair!?
– Blunderman – I keep dropping, misplacing & forgetting things.
Why have I become like this?
How can I get out of this mess?
– This grave I have dug for myself, I have now fallen into……
Hmmm… Is there any hope at all for this idiot??
– “All of your lines turn to circles, in time…”
– Anguish Unsaid
All progress is tangential!
Are you really moving (forward), or are you just spinning (around)?
Are you just repeating the past, like everyone else, or are you (also) creating the future?
– All Christians should learn to read the Old Testament from a Jewish perspective (non-Christocentric).
– People were eating, they were drinking, they were marrying, they were being given in marriage – right up to the day Noah entered the ark. Then the flood came and destroyed them all.
Luke 17:27 NET
Likewise, just as it was in the days of Lot, people were buying, selling, planting, building;
Luke 17:28 NET
– Survival (physical)
Is death the price of life?
No sacrifice, no freedom!
– Stingy ~ lazy ~ greedy ~ foolish
– Can wisdom & boldness go together?
– Proverbs: The formula for success/prosperity/blessing – fear/trust GOD, be ethical & work hard!
Wise > smart
– Earning a good reputation
Being a people-pleaser
– Good Vs. Evil ~ Excellent Vs. Mediocre ~ Original Vs. Conformist
– Is it possible to be rich & humble?
– Insight & abuse don’t go together.
– Follow Jesus ~ seek the Kingdom ~ worship (this) GOD (alone) & love (all his) creation (especially you & me) ~ be a child of the heavenly Father ~ be filled with/led by the Spirit –> –> –> ……….
“You can do great harm in seemingly harmless ways”
“If you think you know it all, you’re a fool for sure; real survivors learn wisdom from others.”
“When the righteous triumph, there is great elation; but when the wicked rise to power, people go into hiding”
– HSB & RGB
– The gospel of the Kingdom
The kingdom of the Gospel
– Obey ~ keep ~ observe ~ meditate ~ revere
– Is loyalty just a polished version of sentimentality?
– Dependent – I need you to take care of me (child)
Independent – I take care of myself (adult).
Interdependent – I want to take care of you (parent)
The spouse is somewhere in between the 2nd & 3rd…?
– Relationship types:
Dependent-dependent – suck each other off!
Dependent-independent – fight each other!
Dependent-interdependent – one takes care of the other.
Independent-independent – I take care of myself, & you take care of yourself
Independent-interdependent – I take care of myself, so I don’t want you to take care of me
Interdependent-interdependent – I take care of you, & you take care of me!
– Drinking the one Spirit – Jesus eats the Father & lives, & we eat Jesus & live!
To believe in, depend upon & work/fight/die for……
Receive all that he offers (himself!) into you, & make him the integral, essential & vital part of you.
GOD as food, & man as the eater.
– You will never die
I will raise you up
– Abide – love ~ trust ~know ~ obey ~ follow
– Enliven ~ upend!
– -isms & -ologies
– Redeem ~ righting
– Tillich Vs. Barth ~ Liberal Vs. Evangelical?
Why not dialectic – both, & neither…!?
– The Christian/biblical GOD
The generic/popular God
– Why study theology?
Who can & should?
– Advertising Standards Authority
– Work (desires, decisions, words & deeds) as revelation!
– Lust for life ~ love for all ~ joy in everything
– Uncompetitive purposefulness
– “Love as the apex of (the spiritual technology of) wisdom”… through the path of passion, of course!
– The artist’s struggle
– Space exploration
– Solitary scholar
– Quiet company
– Staying true to one’s guts
Betraying one’s entrails
Bowels ~ heart ~ reins
What is (there in) your core??
– Reviewing children’s books & adult art
– “Amplifying each other’s respective primal gladnesses”
– “Somewhere in between lamentation & celebration…”
– “Treasures from the indie powerhouse”
– Living for death
Dying for life
– “A feline friend who illuminates my humanity”
– Sacred blasphemy
– Illustrious illustrator
“The Witch” (movie) has been released, and I am looking at options on bookmyshow!
The song “We ain’t gonna take it anymore!” is playing
– “The Jungle Books can be regarded as classic stories told by an adult to children. But they also constitute a complex literary work of art in which the whole of Kipling’s philosophy of life is expressed in miniature. They are best known for the ‘Mowgli’ stories; the tale of a baby abandoned and brought up by wolves, educated in the ways and secrets of the jungle by Kaa the python, Baloo the bear, and Bagheera the black panther. The stories, a mixture of fantasy, myth, and magic, are underpinned by Kipling’s abiding preoccupation with the theme of self-discovery, and the nature of the ‘Law’.
– From GoodReads
– Divergent series
“Divergent: One choice can transform you. Veronica Roth’s #1 New York Times bestselling debut is a gripping dystopian tale of electrifying choices, powerful consequences, unexpected romance, and a deeply flawed “perfect society.”
Insurgent: One choice can destroy you. Veronica Roth’s second #1 New York Times bestseller continues the dystopian thrill ride. As war surges in the factions all around her, Tris attempts to save those she loves—and herself—while grappling with haunting questions of grief and forgiveness, identity and loyalty, politics and love.
Allegiant: The explosive conclusion to Veronica Roth’s #1 New York Times bestselling Divergent trilogy reveals the secrets of the dystopian world that has captivated millions of readers in Divergent and Insurgent.” – From GoodReads
Self-discovery ~~> Challenging the status quo ~~> saving the world
Before you can change the world, you must first save your (true) self!
What is the relationship between immediate family and higher cause? Can loving the one and fighting for the other go together? The biological unit must become part of the larger organism!
The alternative/resistance community must grow (in quality & quantity) in order to attack the System!
– “Give me twenty”
– Desperate measures
Do or die
When have you experienced these?
– Compare “Divergent” with “Hunger Games”
Check out the trailers on YouTube.
We are ALREADY living in the post-apocalyptic world (Capitalism, terrorism and ecological crisis)!
– How can I love GOD when I cannot relate to him the way I do with other people?
The secret lies in self-knowledge!
– Merciful judgment & stern love
– The royal law of liberty – LOVE!
– Is it wise to say, be strict with yourself, but lenient with others?
– Anyone who believes that he/she can pick & choose what commandments to keep, is already a law-breaker!
– Eccentric ~ adventurous ~ creative