– What am I doing?
I am just trying to understand/interpret & practice/demonstrate a robust spirituality.
– Check out the course “Theology Quest” (Howe & Myslinski) on iTunesU!!!
The cult of the bourgeoisie, & the lumpen proletariat…
What are your fault-lines?
The client as analyst!
Can there be freedom & fairness, without violence & destruction?
“Escape from Freedom” – Erich Fromm
Political psychoanalysis as theological revelation!
What are the ways in which my life lacks intensity (& why)?
What are the ways in which I attempt to self-medicate (& why)?
Let my fearless descent into the depths of emptiness & frustration make me a more disciplined & creative person. It is only through this rough (toughening & enlightening) journey that I can become mature, & then capable of guiding & nurturing others into (their) glory…
– Learn ~ input –> change ~ process –> growth ~ outcome!
– “Dictionary of Obscure Sorrows” – check out this YouTube channel!
– Boredom is the mother of creativity,
Frustration is the mother of endurance,
Chaos is the mother of discipline.
– Outcomes of learning – change in beliefs/values, opinions/attitudes & decisions/actions
– Curiosity + courage = creativity!
– Art criticism & social sciences – the links between art & science.
– The child – the paragon of both recklessness & cowardice!
– “There is no present, there is only past & future.” (the flow of time)
“There is no past & future, there is only the present.” (the eternal now)
Can both these statements be true?
Of course, they must!
– Appreciation > enjoyment
– Is heroism nothing but counter-cultural cupidity?!
– The beauty of mathematics!
– When you investigate something, are you prepared to accept a finding that would be inimical to your self-interest or challenging to your cherished beliefs?
– Why can’t you love GOD without loving people too?
Because of the divine humanity (Bulgakov)!
The Second Adam (divine) is the first, & the First Adam (human) is the second.
– Spirit/principle/life/GOD –> flesh/action/love/man
– All Christian rituals are effective only because of the Christ-event, whose truth & power they are meant to symbolize & channelize.
– Obedience –> blessing –> prosperity
Wisdom –> growth –> success!
– Do not despise small beginnings, because if they are part of the Kingdom, then they will definitely become great!
– Parables: Cryptic explanation of great mysteries – What did you expect? The revelation of the Secret will be no less puzzling!
– Daily worship –> a life of joy!
The vow of praise & prayer
– I must strictly limit my total sleep per day to a maximum of 8 – 8.5 hours (including night & afternoon)
– What if you have to live with someone you don’t like:
1. Learn to accept the other as they are & work on your own negative emotions. Beware of hatred!
2. Love them, irrespective of whether you like them.
3. Pray for the family.
4. Help them to change & improve themselves.
5. Take breaks.
– Read –> study –> learn
Start practising digestion!
– When you feel depressed, resisting carnal temptation becomes almost impossible!
– Can/should I do any volunteer relief work during this flood crisis in Chennai? Will I just be a liability?
“Inherent Vice” (okay-hit)
A gorgeous movie, with an unforgettable scene! OMG… it feels like you could almost touch her.
How do you relate the hero’s PI business as a social service, the FBI’s anti-subversive agenda (against the entrepreneur turned communist), the turbulent, weird friendship between ‘Bigfoot’ & Doc, & the central romance, & integrate them with the title?
Hey, you missed the (ubiquitous) Marijuana (& the larger Hippie culture) !
What happens to Shasta during her disappearance??