– Immersive experience
– Filling your world with GOD by saturating your mind with Scripture…
– Annual retreat:
“Together in Solitude”
– Innocence ~ ignorance
Foreword by Michael Holquist in “Toward a Philosophy of the Act” by M.M. Bakhtin
– The Schiller Institute
“The Art of Stillness” – Pico Iyer
– “Where is home?” – TED Talk by Pico Iyer
– Be physically active.
Be mentally alert.
Be spiritually alive.
Everything else is optional & peripheral…
– Contemplation ~ happiness ~ compassion
– Alternate day – contemplative – silence, solitude, stillness, journaling, etc. (with few activities)
Alternate day – active – study, ministry, chores, etc. (with few breaks).
Entertainment – movies, music, etc. – Sundays (Sabbath)
– No rule, no rhythm.
– Vipassana – ‘seeing through’, insight
– Whatever was previously prohibited, should now be kept to a minimum.
– The power to perform (within the mould)
The power to break out (of the mould)
– The method in the madness
The madness in the method
– The necessity of manual labour for well-being!
“Work with your hands”
– Theological knowledge
– What could be more powerful, pervasive & decisive than biology or economics??
– Maybe the greatest thing anyone could do is just to know & be themselves – to relax & enjoy, in a world that pressurises & dictates. This might just be the only way to truly love (others) too!
– By trying to change myself & measure up to the definitions & requirements of this culture, I might just be missing out on the greatest spiritual revolution that could be brewing within this dark night of the soul!
Thank GOD for depression. Glory!
– Patience is the universal key.
– A new kind of contemplation – my kind!
– The greatest progress is made in not moving, even when everything is crumbling!
Stand your ground, even when the earth is giving way.
– Was Emily Dickinson a lesbian?!
– The explosive, subversive & disruptive organ, in:
Martin Luther King Jr.
– Most of you is not you!
– Truth ~ power ~ life!
– Kierkegaard – is the corollary also true?
E.g. “The minority is always right.”
– We are more afraid of what threatens to come out from within us, than what hits us from without… & we should be!
1 John 4:4b
– Abortive efforts
– Cognitive distortions
– Genuine sadness
– Self-perpetuating vicious cycle
– The inner body
“Leviathan” – Andrei Zvyagintsev
Who/what is the monster today? Only man-made ones!
Where is GOD in all of this – just a helpless victim or indifferent observer?? Victim yes, observer yes. But helpless no, & indifferent no.
Truth –> righteousness –> justice
Truth –> Christ –> Church
– The agonistic
– Before you express or project your own negative views and emotions on others around (especially those closest to you), just stop……!
– How can you have a contemplative lifestyle without any time or space devoted to meditation??
– “Lawless teachers”
“Her” – Spike Jonze
WOW! I’m her & she’s him……
Even relationships are mortal. Amen.
What does a relationship with GOD feel like??
– “A man who reads about the doctrines of the Jodo (Pure Land) without receiving oral instruction will miss the thing really necessary to the attainment of Ojo (Enlightenment).”
“The Shape of Things”
Is she a monster, or a genius, or both?
Is art amoral?
Abuse: deception ~ manipulation ~ coercion!
“Mad Max: Fury Road”
Witness (to) this feminine, Eastern, green, human Christology!