– Some people are very affectionate, but what they demand in return is pure control of the other, mostly through subtle manipulation (emotional blackmail)!
– Ritual unites,
What could be more valuable than individual human lives?
A sense of personal mortality is the key to having one’s values properly ordered!
Compare this with the ethic of the Lannister family (from “Game of Thrones”)
To die for a worthy cause is good, even if one is not remembered for it!
– The question/problem/issue of consciousness
– Ignorance ~ abetment ~ complicity!
– Trying to understand anti-semitism…
– Out of the many, one.
And out of that one, still many more! ☺
A pregnant, not sterile, unity…
– Why is religious experience so rare (even for those who seek it)?? What does that say about GOD (or about me & my age)?
– Stillness ~ nakedness ~ poverty
– Spiritual reading, the news & everyday living.
Caught, stuck, torn……
– I know I need to make a radical change, but I just don’t know what it is! 😦
– Ashes to ashes, dust to dust.
Is this life just “much ado about nothing”?
“Told by an idiot, full of sound & fury,
– Ecclesiastes & ecology
– Why should I care so much about leaving the world a better place than when I found it?
– Does nihilism always lead to hedonism?
And what does hedonism lead to?
If physical death is our final destiny, then what’s the big deal about risking spiritual death while one is still alive?
– Necessary > important
Important > necessary?
– Faith is closer to imagination, than any other (spiritual) human faculty!
– Who am I? > what I am
What I am ➡ who am I?
– Hierarchy – personal inwardness ➡ social roles ➡ cosmic goals
– The body politic & spiritual theology
– Asceticism & community
Mysticism & ecology
Contemplation & action
– “If you want to know God, sharpen your sense of the human.”—Abraham Joshua Heschel
“I don’t think any of us can begin to discover again what religion might mean unless we are prepared to expose ourselves to new ways of being (in our) bodies.”
– What does religion have to do with politics?
What does spirituality have to do with sexuality?
What does prayer have to do with justice?
– It is good that you reflect seriously about Philosophy & Theology, but see to it that it helps you live better, and does not make you irrelevant or inefficient…
– Breathe strong!
– Education as formation!
Religion as spiritual education
– So what are your plans, Joe?? Do you intend to live like this forever?!
No ‘plans’ for now. Hmmm…… No, only until I die!
– The Spirit guides me through the Word, just like a master/teacher guides the student through this complex, resourceful world.
– Now I know how I must study!
Create a folder with only the stuff that are important /necessary to my learning & training, selected carefully out of all the resources that I have already accumulated.
Eclectic, overview & interdisciplinary
Spirituality + Theology + Religion + Philosophy + Education
– Spiritual Theology
– Permaculture – an agricultural system or method that seeks to integrate human activity with natural surroundings so as to create highly efficient self-sustaining ecosystems
Oases of natural living in an artificial world!
Repenting of false sophistication
– Watch more Indian (esp. Tamil) movies
I must become more focused on certain preset values & priorities, & therefore be willing to offend those around me (if necessary), in order to be true to myself, & love them better!
GOD/spirit – the whole is greater than the sum of the parts (all the elements of life – & death – put together)!
Organization + interconnection = integration
Moral grandeur and spiritual audacity
Blessed Charles de Foucauld’s Prayer of Abandonment to God:
Father, I abandon myself into Your hands; do with me what You will. Whatever You do I thank You. I am ready for all, I accept all. Let only Your will be done in me, as in all Your creatures, I ask no more than this, my Lord. Into Your hands I commend my soul; I offer it to You, O Lord, with all the love of my heart, for I love You, my God, and so need to give myself – to surrender myself into Your hands, without reserve and with total confidence, for You are my Father.
In spirituality, only the exemplar can be a teacher!