– Post-exile: Zerubbabel » Esther » Ezra » Nehemiah
Rebuilding: Temple (national religion/culture) » Walls (city) » Houses (individual)
– Glamour/fashion/ad/ gaming industry, etc. – ok as hobbies, but professional??
– What you actually want
What you should want
– Time for me to jail-break (myself from) the iPad!
– The evil denial of our physicality, affectivity & therefore also our sexuality. Time to put an end to this bullshit once & for all!
Get things done
Stop & smell the roses
– Would you call your own father, a fool or a clown, straight to his face?!
– Repentance, unrepentance & rerepentance
– “What have you gained from all this isolation, Joe??”
– Pride – they don’t deserve my company!
– “Please pray that my daughter will get a good job & husband – preferably in Bangalore or Singapore, not Chennai…”
What is the great difference between their worldliness & my own selfishness??
– Time for Theology to pluck its head out of the ground, & take biology, psychology & culture seriously!
– The dead are the most consistent, secure & content of all people!
– From TV to music,
From internet to reading,
From mind to body,
From self-absorption to socializing……
Which one are you?
– Humanism > philanthropy
Can (love of) man survive without (faith in) GOD?
“Boiled Beans on Toast”
Never really took off…
Mmm… Maybe being in the military is not all that bad (unchristian)!
Fuck this linguistic bullshit!
“Red Riding Hood”
– Comparing theology/revelation to the progressive evolution of the parenting dynamic:
1. Childhood – “Do as I say because I say so.”
2. Youth – “I will help you understand why you should follow my advice.”
3. Adult – “Go, with all that I have taught you, & take it forward in your own unique way! I am always with you in spirit……”
4. Parent – pass on your legacy to the next generation so that they in turn will take your accomplishments to the next future step of development.
– What should be special about my life is not what I did or said, but how I lived and who I was – qualitatively different!
– 3 kinds of days:
2. Relaxation/ entertainment
– The best (& only) way to save mankind and transform the world is by being still! If we want new life, all we have to do is just (stop trying to not) die……
– I am gradually but surely becoming a Buddhist! So can I still be a Christian?
– Thomas Merton’s post-monkhood love-affair!
– Instead of solitude & contemplation being small islands scattered here & there in my lifescape, filled with the ceaseless waves of planning & activity, they should be the calm ocean upon which all other islands of work are submerged & suspended…
Whatever happened to my dream/goal of the still, deep & full life??
– Creativity, compassion & courage
– My ultra-ordinary life!
– Boredom is not that bad. Why are people so scared of it?!
– Naked, nailed & alone
The Crucifix of Christ and human freedom/dignity
– Are the Quakers ‘liberals’?
– How do I live humanely (meaningfully & pusposefully) in a world where little children die in accidents, & are raped/killed?? Can my life make any difference (for better or for worse) at all?
In spite of the great persons, events & movements in history, look at what the world has come to today……!
Is this unrealistically pessimistic?
Jn. 10:30 – is this also an “I AM” saying?
Men are cruel/greedy & women are manipulative/jealous.
Which is worse?
Only the one who is no longer afraid of death is free to live fully!
Today – 32C, but feels like 38C!
Davy Jones’ Locker
Influenced by, and influenced……