Exams must evaluate only whether students have understood what they have read, and are able to think critically (analytic & synthetic) about it, & whether they are able to make relevant applications from the knowledge. Their memory (especially of details) should not be tested, and all tests must be open-text!
The quality of their notes, references and assignments can be evaluated. If they are able to recall & present a very brief, simple & clear overview (basic outline) of what they have learnt from the extensive reading, that must be enough!
The final (& main) examination must be a viva-voce with the teacher.
Men are more independent, untamed & less possessive. But women are more attached/dependent/jealous.
Men want to give their wives more freedom, but that is not what they want, and women want more loyalty from their husbands which the men find most difficult to give……
So is conventional marriage a sadistic & silly institution of a stupid & rigid society?!
Professional ethic – do NOT mix pleasure & work. For any activity, only one can be explicit/deliberate, & the others implicit/unconscious. E.g. Religious, ethical & aesthetic
– What does a person gain if he/she is so very smart, but lacks a singular passion?!
– Prayer is the experience of being naked before the One who clothes us with his own body, stripped & broken for us!
– “The brilliance of cleverness is never enough. One must quietly close one’s door and undergo in solitude the bitter purge of self-catharsis before the ultimate.”
– “To follow Christ as (my) conscience dictates.”
Is that an accurate & adequate definition of discipleship?
– The Sophianic metaphysic!
– Dialogical love, abundant being & soceital tensions
– Finding one’s own way of being in the world
– “Kingdom of GOD” – so, have you identified that one supreme value in your own life for which you would (gladly) sell everything else you have?!
– Life, love, light
“Beyond friendship & eros – Unrecognized relationships between men & women” – John Scudder & Anne Bishop
– Hermeneutic phenomenology
– Sexual authenticity
– Hey Joe, this alternative rhythm thing, doesn’t it dilute/dissipate any & all intensity & focus? Isn’t ‘variety’ the enemy of mastery?
Yes, but my goal is not to accomplish something great externally, I’d rather become a uniquely beautiful (& therefore powerful!) person.
– It is indeed sad that you don’t know even one person with whom you can be a 100% transparent!
– Freedom – from the external pressure to do, & the internal compulsion to have!
– Instead of 4 hours of M.A. study on alternate days (from Monday to Saturday), 2 hours everyday will be better.
Monday, Wednesday, Friday – work days. Do as many tasks as possible!
Tuesday, Thursday & Saturday – except the 2 hours study, basic daily chores & time-sensitive tasks, you’re free!
“The Spectacular Now”
Why can’t I ‘just live’?
– A/C – 2 hours per night – 4 or 6 months a year?
– Saturdays – ministry-fellowship meetings. So no M.A. study
– Experience » journal » blog!