Anatomy of a scene:
1. GOD (Father) + 2. Nature (Mother) >> 3. Man (Children)
3. Man + 1-2. Creation >> 4. Culture
4. Culture + 3-(1-2). Religion >> 5. Science
5. Science + 4-3-(1-2). Art >> 6. History
+ is interaction, not addition. That’s why it results in >> & not =
– is not minus/subtraction. It is combination.
1 + 2 = 1-2
1 + 2 >> 3
1-2 >> 3
– Why was I not born in a war zone like Yemen, or born with disability/in poverty, or born as a female in Egypt (genital mutilation)?
Sometimes, such thoughts paralyze me……! 😔
I don’t want to be like the common people who are naïve & blissful.
I also don’t want to be utterly destroyed by my abyssal (abysmal?!) lifestyle.
Where is the way forward then?
– 2Cor. 10:5
Christ ~ Man-in-person
Arguments/presumptions ~ philosophies/theologies
– Univocal ~ unequivocal
Abjure ~ forswear
Robust ~ racy
– “This is the sum of duty (dharma): do not do to others what would cause pain if done to you.”
— Mahabharata (Anusasana Parva, Section 113, Verse 8)
A useful paraphrase of the Golden Rule (Bible).
Every ethical principle should have a flipside to it, to make it complete.
Do not do unto others whatever you do for yourself. Or, do unto others only some of the things that you do for yourself.
– What is the only alternative to suicide?
It’s NOT the usual blind life-affirmation!
It is self-transformation.
– Wittgenstein documentary
– Harvey, Irma & Matthew
Farmer loan waivers, a cruel joke!
Rohingya Muslims in Myanmar
– canon & codices
Christianities & Bibles
Greek Jewish Christians
Burgeoning scholarly methods
Apocrypha ~ deuterocanonical. Hidden ~ contested revelations
Ecclesiastical/theological disputes and sovereign/political power
Leadership & popularity – authority & acceptability – accuracy & appropriateness
Proto-orthodoxy – Bart Ehrman
Councils & creeds
What would it be like, to be made king, because your father was murdered?
Greece Vs. Persia
Athens Vs. Macedonia
Gumnasium – the naked place
Sports & war
demos – voting body
Citizens & warriors
Excluding aliens, slaves & women
– I’m going to be 40, and I’ve still not figured out (my) life! 😟
– What do I do, when I feel like shit?
Lie down (awake) for 15 minutes
Mindful meditation for 15 minutes
Take a walk for 15 minutes
1 minute on-the-spot jogging with deep breathing
Journaling for 15 minutes
Music for 15 minutes
Physical intimacy with Chellam for 15 minutes
Signature -paradigm – statement
– Is celibacy/chastity a sexual perversion?
– The age of the giant (great individual) has passed!
Why? Should we lament it?
– Skipping – do it on the terrace, instead of inside the hall!
– The Self, as stranger/victim/witness
– Courageous suicide
– Attend church worship service at least once a month, Joe.
(You know why)
– How are mysticism & Marxism related??
– Father ~ pure being/potential/materiality
Son ~ pure thought/speech/intellect
Spirit ~ pure will/action/heart
What comes out of the full expression & interaction of these 3 is the GOD experience/emotion (or Life/Mind)!
– Westworld – the philosophy of indifference!
The blurring of the distinction between human & android – who is original & which is duplicate? Who is free & which is slave?
– Check WhatsApp status updates – Ishvar Mohan, Salome Divya, Amos Swaminathan, Vijayalaya Srinivas, etc.
– “You are sexy!”
Is that a compliment or an insult?
– Even suffering is impermanent!
– Spirit-TED – the next SFG!
15 minutes presentation by one person, on any intersection of theory, experience & practice.
15 minutes discussion.
15 minutes break.
Followed by another cycle of 45 minutes.
Total meeting time – 1 & 1/2 hours
– “Despite all my rage,
I’m still just a rat in a cage!” – Smashing Pumpkins
– Education, entertainment, enlightenment, inspiration, edification
– Speculation ~ imagination ~ mystical intellection
– I can start a spiritual fellowship (small groups) in which full awareness & free expression of the body (emotions, sexuality, etc.) is encouraged.
– Professor – the correct order of your loyalties is:
1. The ideal of education
2. The welfare of students, faculty & other staff
3. The institution/system
– At this age, & after getting married, aren’t you ashamed to still be masturbating to pornography, ogling at teens & going online for hookups??
Why should she?!
– Suffering > pain
What makes injustice or death “evil”?
The story of the Fall, or the doctrine of Original Sin, is NOT meant to give a causative explanation for the problem of evil.
– The doubts & complaints of exiled Israel
In another world……….
– What do essential insights and flights of fancy have in common?
Ultimately, they are identical!
– O, the untold damage caused by foolishness…
Maybe far greater than that caused by malice!
– Keep ~ observe ~ obey
“History of Violence”
Hmmm… life is all about, discovering the truth, about sex & violence!
Compare Tom’s history with the violent roots of America as a nation.
The family is okay with Tom as long as he is able to keep Joey safely locked up in the past. All they want, is not the truth of origin/nature, etc. (about him or themselves), but to be left undisturbed (by the hidden demons) in their ignorant bliss……
Evil is not just out there or in them, but it is always in here, among us!
Toilet – a Love Story
– Sathyam Shivam Sundaram
– “What do you want?”
“To say what you won’t. To do what you can’t.”
– “Nothing is true.
Everything is permitted.
We fight in the darkness to serve the light” – Assassin’s Creed
– No peace without order,
No order without control,
No control without violence,
So, no peace without violence??
– Breathable, anti-bacterial memory foam
Screenshots from TV
– Photographer Jonas Bendiksen documented men who believe they are second coming of Christ
– Isms & Schisms
– Do you (know how to) feel??
How does one remain sexy/lusty without becoming vain or abusive?
– Bigoted demagogue
saturnine ~ sardonic
– In remembrance of a great contemporary female thinker:
Quartz is a great news source! Check it out.
– Happy is the one who endures testing, because when he has proven to be genuine, he will receive the crown of life that God promised to those who love him.
James 1:12 NET
To love GOD is to fight complacency, despair & bitterness, and never give up on (living one’s) life (to the fullest). To keep believing that there is great reward in this attitude……
Check out the NET notes for “God”!
– “Patience is the root and guardian of all the virtues.”
— Pope Gregory the Great
O how impatient I am to be(come) patient……
Patience ~ presence ~ mindfulness ~ awareness ~ consciousness
From entertainment to recreation, through meditation!
– How could terrorists & victims be confused?!?
– What is Snapchat?
Who is Blake Edwards?
I think I would have preferred the (brutally honest) Dark Knight’s help/advice (better than the sentimental Man of Steel)…?
E.g. “I bet your parents taught you that you mean something, that you’re here for a reason. My parents taught me a different lesson, dying in the gutter for no reason at all… They taught me the world only makes sense if you force it to.”
– I watched around 8 episodes of “The Handmaid’s Tale” season 1.
It definitely does NOT deserve the Emmy award!
Capitalism/individualism (personal rights and chaos)
Socialism/communism (common good and oppression)
Is there a third (better) alternative??
Grave crises call for extreme measures, right?
I don’t think it’s anti-Christian.
Jezebels, Marthas, Mayday, Quakers
What do you choose when you have to decide between survival and dignity?!
Can tyranny ever take root where (most of) the people are fearless/fierce?
Compare with the freedom-struggle of the androids in Westworld – a far better show – I did NOT regret binge-watching that one!
– Limited series
– TV series:
“Transparent” season 1 episode 1 & 2
Good for the youth……?
(Referred by Ishvar Mohan)
Hmmm… well done, (super)man!
But not quite up to the (my) mark.
I would rather use a different argument than the “chance for one more happy day”. Because all the bad times you need to go through for one good day, would make one (like me) hesitate to pay such a high price, for such a small prize……
The whole point of life is to “push back against the darkness”, as he himself says previously. That is a better approach, according to me. It puts the onus on the individual’s conatus, and ignites it by challenging it to rise to the occasion! Throw down the gauntlet (to live, against all odds – to refuse to give up, or succumb to false hopes), rather than dangle a questionable future. For some (like me), the desire to fight & win (the existential battle) is greater than to just receive & enjoy (what is given by luck/fate/GOD)……
So, if I was in Felicity’s place, the latter approach would be more effective at dissuading me from ending it all.