– Perverse philosophy – the practice of vice as a (or the) path to truth!
– Health/ease & longevity
Pleasure/passion & death
The Bitcoin bubble – I buy cryptocurrency as an ethical future option, not to grow my money now. And I don’t invest in forex, because it seems unethical to gain from unjust global financial policies.
The Diabetes epidemic
The Pilgrim Creed and the Thanksgiving story
William Bradford & Stephen Hopkins – saints & strangers
Spiritual ancestors & national rites
Quaint – attractively unusual
– My fantasy of (receiving) unconditional acceptance & aggressive support remains as such……! 😥😡😅
– The refutation of optimism & the meaning of perversity
Harm to moral self & imp(r)udent preference-formation
Nature & the void
Luck & transgression
Hedonism & identity in psychology
The parody of inversion & educating vice
The mature as the free
The utopian theater of pain & pleasure
The falsification of phallocracy
Deliberately repetitive style
The ambiguity and grammar of violence
Surface goodness and deep sensation
Sade through the looking glass – Dealing with filthy things
Virtue and control
Enlightenment via engaging the worthless
Difficult subject with paradoxical themes
Analyzing with great care & skill
Liberated from shame
Neither directly visible nor readily thinkable
Forced to face the disgusting/forbidden
Black, clandestine & censored
A systematic study of evil & madness
Weakness of the will Vs. self-deception Vs. Wicked planning
Truth, in the jungle of nausea & terror
Science Vs. ontology Vs. the artist
The complex procedures of debauchery
Nature as enemy
Transcendence within the shattered limits
The cruel friendship of enlightened heroes
Intellectual foreplay before spiritual intercourse
Buried under the ruins of values
Sadean anti-humanism – Mobius strip – one-sided & unique
Theory of action
The celebration of embarrassment
Rhetorical methods of coping
Legends of duty
Assumptions of a good cause
Dreams of camaraderie
Condemn and correct the pervert
Biography as camouflage
Fiction as a philosophical tool
Metaphor as argument
The fear of what we might be
– Conceived in lust
Discover” – The Who
The creativity of the wicked will
Distinguish brutishness/perversion & vice/wickedness
– “Memories of Underdevelopment”
– Don’t buy clothes, furniture, etc. online
– Chrome – if it’s not working properly in certain secure/signed-in websites, use incognito mode
– Stimulating > pleasurable
Distinguish negligence & akrasia
Enjoyment as the only indisputable & universal value
Distinguish narcissism & solipsism
Stratify – metaphysical, moral & psychological
Harmonizing desire & intention
– Can one emphasize both survival & transformation equally, without contradicting oneself?
I’m anti-life, but not pro-death……!?
But what does that mean??
The exploration of the forbidden is worth the risk of injury/damage.
– The Big Questions of humans will remain unsolved mysteries forever, and that is good news!
– Hero > saint
I.e. Not all heroes are saints.
Are all saints heroes?
A truly great person is one who redefines the very notion of greatness.
– Incessant pleasure/ease is also boring.
– I feel fine now.
I’m slowly figuring out certain things that seemed to be too complicated/opaque……! 😎
– Christ, the eucharistic king – the one who rules, by being broken & consumed……!
You ask, “Does GOD exist?”, but are YOU present to Christ??
– Rehabilitating (the right to) narcissism
Fantasies of self-return
Auto-affection & hetero-affection
Adventures in self-love
Originary narcissism and the structures of life
The I-pole of the social-biological self
Pragmatism Vs. Phenomenology
Natural, premoral state
Society ~ inequality
Right to regard
Public esteem – cooperation vs. competition – vanity-contempt/shame-envy
Cultural canary in the mine
Reconciling a right to self-love with sociality and justice
The double hatred of collective narcissism
Insecurity –> persecuting hatred
The imagined common denominator
The exhausting & impossible task of sustaining the myth of purity
Self-possession as (mere) positioning
“Desire for the One,” “unitary utopia, ideal totalization”
The spherical trajectory of the specular/sovereign self
The cult of origin(s)
Fear of (the other’s) narcissism
The ego as private property
Self-suspicion & self-loathing
– Ostracism –> tolerance –> acceptance –> celebration
– Kannada Rajyotsava
Urine cotinine test
– Neither bent on self-destruction nor playing it safe – enjoyment that pushes (all) boundaries……!
BBMP & The Ugly Indians NGO
Stop celebrity news updates
UEFA Nations League
Quid pro quo
Reverse dictionary ~ crossword solver
– “My heart is ready, O God! My heart is ready!”
I didn’t know that this line from the movie “The Passion of the Christ” is taken from Psalms (57:7)…
With certain recent changes in me (Stirner, Sade, etc.), I also need to/can say this (just before the official chastisement begins)!
– The im-possible
Nature ~ pleasure ~ void
Causal consequences & intentional results
Orgiastic destruction & self-transcendence
Sade Vs. Hobbes
Scavenger >> avenger >> predator
The biological drive for food, shelter & sex
The cultural imperative to survive at all costs
– I need a relationship based on pure lust!
– Embracing determinism is the most radical freedom! 🤩
– What’s the difference between someone like Hitler and someone like Sade?
– Humanity (consciousness & culture) as Nature’s self-alienation……!
– Life – neither survival nor suicide!
Hmmm…… but then, what else……??
– Which is more tragic/pathetic:
To destroy one’s worldly self because one refuses to come out of the abyss within,
Or to survive in the world by successfully repressing one’s own Id/shadow?
– Passionate anal-ysis
Satan, the dandy!
Revolutionary Vs. Rebel
– Hotstar: CinePlay – Stage On Screen
Is it a tragedy or a comedy or a…?
Female as female
Female according to male (perspective/preference)
Male as male
Male according to female (perspective/preference)
Cultural norms Vs. Biological facts
– “If you like our website, please disable adblock to support us”
– ALL destruction is creative!
– Artist ~ addict (& vice-versa?)
You wanna play risky, and live long-healthy…… 🤣
Sounds like marrying me and wanting social acceptance!
– “Nature is a whore” (Nirvana)
Mother Nature (Gaia)
– “Women in Love” – what’s with Gerald’s weird encounter with the crucifix buried in the snow??
– Play-doe, for adults! 😋
– The body is used to being treated like a dumb beast of burden. So, it needs a lot of time & trust to come into its own (inherent wisdom). Are you willing to take that chance??
Routine/situation – instead of looking at it as a (more or less stable) framework within which I need to fit into, I would rather give the self the power/right to arrange (& rearrange) the pieces of the jigsaw puzzle as it sees fit at any given moment……
– Obituary – H. N. Ananth Kumar
“Scientists May Have Put Bacteria in a State of Quantum Entanglement”
– World Science Day for Peace & Development – how can science contribute to world peace??
– “Revenge triumphs over death” – Francis Bacon
– The conventionally impossible
The non-conceptual, pre-existent self
Reactionary & revolutionary
Mystification & denigration
“Der Einzige und sein Eigenthum”
Johann Kaspar Schmidt
Why did Stirner not become as famous/influential as Kierkegaard? Aren’t the two quite similar in style and spirit?
“Stirner had, instead, completed an unprecedented critique of every possible religious, philosophical and ideological system.”
Mass belief ~ imagined reality ~ invested power
Systematic self-alienation –> willing servitude
Immanent/radical criticism –> conscious self-creation
Ubiquitous and unquestioned phenomena
“If egoism was suitable for God, humanity or the sultan, why not for me? Why is it always only the actually-existing, individual egoist who is disparaged, while the imagined masters of the world are so lauded? Why don’t we learn from these imagined masters and put ourselves in their place as masters of our own lives?”
Fantastic manifestations of conceptual fetishization
Particular ~ finite ~ unique
From “The Ego & Its Own” to “The Unique and Its Self-creation”
Rationale for romantic reification
“Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?” – “Who will guard the guardians?” Or in this case, implicitly, “Who can know a truth is the Truth, a value is the Value, or a reality is the reality?”
Originality + audacity = importance!
Objective truth as subjective projection
Technicians of the sacred
Fixed idea/spiritual essence
The permanent solution to self-enslavement
Compulsory presuppositions and prejudices based on consensus
Phenomenal, empirical, intentional, nominal, descriptive, immanent egoism
Self-alienated image of self-interest
Whole person lived experience
Ontologizing social practice
– John Carpenter’s “The Thing”
“Who Goes There” by John Campbell
Out of fear of becoming the monster (that everyone knows they are, deep inside), they instead choose to become a cog in the machine……
The virus/cancer of culture/society!
Terrorism of ideas –> biological nightmare
– Narcissism, egoism & anarchism
Uniqueness, artistry & addiction
Stirner & Rand
Decisive ~ divisive
Person ~ free will ~ individual
– Those who want the NEW must be ready to enter into the emptiness left by the death of the old……!
I think the SFG (small group meetings For personal growth) stage of my ministry is over.
So, what now??
– Adjust settings for app background activity & notifications
– Labor force
Association for free development
Labor as commodity
World Heritage site
Allies, vassals, rebels & enemies
Acre, hectare, inch, feet, chain, furlong, yard, meter
British imperial & US customary systems of measurement
Lying-in = parturiency
Braggadocio = rodomontade
AQI – pollution sub-index
– The dialectic of Spirit Vs. Society is what drives history
– “A man should look for what is, and not what he thinks should be.” – Albert Einstein
But aren’t the two inextricably related, because of the way the human mind/brain works?
This is one of the indicators of why Einstein disapproved of quantum theory…
– How can you have reconciliation when both parties think they are right, and each believes it’s the other who has to apologize?
– The soundtrack in a film like செக்கச் சிவந்த வானம் is like pearls on a monkey!
– NSFW – not safe for (this) world!
– “The placebo effect is real!”
– Dartos-Cremaster – the respiring Id
– Understanding understanding
Ideological critique of rationalist metaphysics
I-world relation prior to the subject-object distinction.
LSR – a paraphilosophical project (La Mettrie, Max Stirner, Wilhelm Reich)
Egoism & its property ~ subject & object ~ noesis & noema
God ~ soul ~ spirit ~ self
Dasein – phenomenological ontology
A priori reasoning
Unprincipled and presuppositionless empirical investigation
Poetic art Vs. Revealed religion
Non-ideological critique of ideology
Pure thought & practical reason
Appearance & thing-in-itself
Life ~ person ~ being
The doctrinal moment
Transcendent essence of man ~ divine nature
Actual powers ~ life-activity
Unalienated self-possession ~ completely self-determined activity ~ undetermined self-creation.
Unprecedented critical synthesis
Dialectical existence/processual being
Forms ~ essences ~ universals
Dogmatic theories of substance/presence
Unique one ~ empty concept
Conceptual consciousness Vs. Nonconceptual life
Completely insubstantial subjectivity (“creative nothing”) and its object-world (its “property”).
Distinguish: Egoism & Solipsism
Self-awareness, world-appropriation & unique expression
Concepts as aesthetic objectifications/indicators
Always operating within, but also upon and beyond, given systems of communication
Pragmatic, momentary dialectics
My power is my property
– “I Saw the Devil”
Instead of the final guillotine before the family, he could’ve just straitjacketed him in permanent solitary confinement with starvation & remote monitoring (until death crept up on him gradually and excruciatingly)……!
Would that have successfully terrified/tortured/broken him??
– If the Maoists (in Chattisgarh & other places) are really fighting for the people, then why do they have to threaten them to boycott the state elections, and even then around 70% of people choose to vote…??
The Communists know that the proletarians are also followers of capitalism, like foolish children who don’t know what is good for them. That’s why they have to be led/parented by the enlightened activists…!
– The Arecibo message
SJ ~ Salome Joseph, Society of Jesus, Sexy Joy
– Alexander Tikhomirov
“The doubts that haunt the hopes that haunt our faith”
“I believe I don’t (fully) know what I (really) believe”
Aaron van Voorhis
“I rightly pass as…?”
“Help people make peace with the truth of their lives”
Brokenness ~ honesty ~ vulnerability
Responsible & healing approach
Meaningful & necessary community
From skepticism to suspicion
The Perhaps – the possibility of the impossible
Distinguish post-theism and atheism
God – from existence to insistence
Evolutionary basis for fundamentalism and tribalism
Diversity & fragmentation
Ignorant optimism, naive progressivism
Dangerous & difficult conversations
– Can I realize, & accept, that I will never (fully) get what I want (the most) from this relationship, and still continue in it??
– If transgressing cultural norms is integral to the spiritual life, does it also include pushing biological boundaries?!
– From religious art to artistic religion!
– Deeper ~ darker ~ heavier
– The successful (celebrities) are lauded for “being themselves”, but what about those like me??
– Marquis De Sade
Animal faith (Santayana)
Mysticism as scepticism
– Just go with it!
Donatien Alphonse François de Sade
Apostle of freedom & martyr of atheism
Corporal punishment and sexual arousal
Pornography as a political weapon
Corrupt church, aristocracy & monarchy
Distinguihed in action
In & out of love
Renée-Pelagie de Montreuil
Flagellation & buggery
Libertinage, sacrilege & sadism
Punished for licentiousness
The female posterior
Orgies of humor
The capital offense of sodomy
Execution in absentia
Hungered after novelty in the bedroom
Too extreme for the marital chamber
Cat-&-mouse game with the authorities
lettres de cachet – detention without trial
Writing in prison
New revolutionary government
Worn down by years of dogged devotion
Philosophy in the boudoir, Justine, The Story of Juliette
François de Coulmier, Charenton asylum
Voices from the fuselage
In the public eye
“Jane Fonda in Five Acts”
Sedition & treason
Science fiction about sex
Actress >> activist
Campaign for economic democracy
– Avoiding the 2 pitfalls – the shallow conforming life, and succumbing to the deep-dense dark
I need to move back & forth, so that I am able to balance, on the razor’s edge!
– Return to (modified) system:
1. Monday & Friday – work-chores
2. Wednesday – fasting-disciplines
3. Tuesday & Saturday – basic rhythm (limited freedom)
4. Thursday & Sunday – freak-out.
No serial/movie on Monday, Wednesday & Friday.
Slim dinner on Monday & Friday. Wednesday – full day slim diet.
No exercise & meditation on Thursday & Sunday.
Reading together – Wednesday &/or Friday
Egiosme a deux
Cowardly instincts sanitized as moral habits
– Ontology-ethics is inseparable from the existential-practical. And they are mutually affecting!
Not good enough.
First half was better. A movie with a better second half would be a better movie…?
Author + actor + audience = Impact/Art!
Does Sherlock Holmes have ESP?
Anyone close, in reality?
Pure happiness from unfolding living thoughts
– Unproductive creativity & uncreative productivity
– Daily Manna from Biblica (using Scripture for hope & encouragement)
Lectionary readings from BCP (Scripture as the Spirit’s instrument to shape the Church)
Ps. 89:11-17 – is it possible for a person (even/especially GOD) to be all-powerful and all-good?
Is the creator of this world the same as the righteous king of Israel??
Would (a fuller) knowledge of (the awful) GOD make worship (more) problematic?
– “You can’t learn in school what the world is going to do next year.” – Henry Ford
Doesn’t history teach us to face the future?
Taapaca – Andean volcanic chain
Clutch one’s pearls
“It is well known to all experienced minds that our firmest convictions are often dependent on subtle impressions for which words are quite too coarse a medium.” – George Eliot
countermand ~ rescind
The military-industrial complex
Covering up the ugly with fancy explanations
Social norms prevent unnecessary competition
Prospective mates as scarce resources
– Wannabe >> ?
Just me! 😎
– Romantic slow rock jams
Travails of childhood
– Satan’s molten tears
Militarization of the police
Jair Bolsonaro – Brazil’s Trump?
Stochastic models/nondetermined systems
Classical & evolving images
Passion to think the Real
– Further afield
Nature as a first name of the Real
Ethics as first philosophy
The economic ecologies of thought
-logy & – sophy
Nefarious & pathetic agnosticism
– Is there any (cultural) symbol of India other than the map & flag (political)?
– Big Science
The scientific nature of philosophy & the philosophical nature of science
Anonymous, transcendental subjectivity
The natural attitude
Fact Vs. Value
epoché – A completely unique, universal & total transformation of attitude!
De-absolutizing of the world
The world as phenomenon
Ray Brassier – “We are already dead”
What could be more pernicious than the quest for objectivity?
Man as GOD’s self-objectivation
Unnatural attitude – a position beyond worldly interest
The permanent crisis of humanity
The actual substratum
Reclaiming & radicalizing naïvety
– Another DNA
– Why did Modi/BJP choose Sardar Vallabhai Patel, a secular anti-Hindutva figure, for the humongous unity statue project?
LBRY – blockchain + bittorent
Naifs & knaves
Activator/keygen crack detected as virus
– Get the lyrics of the song நான் யார் from the film பரியேரும் பெருமாள்
What is the significance of the color blue?
– Is Meatloaf a great/one of the greatest, songwriters?
– Should I aim to attain a perfect body?
– Should I change my ministry to a purely reactive one, responding to needs expressed by others around, as and when they arise, with no proactive formal structure?
– There are those with no intentional spirituality/overarching philosophy, and then there are the religious fanatics.
We need more of the third variety, which lies in between the two.
People like me…!?
– “வட சென்னை”
What happens to you
What you do
Events & choices
Why did Baradwaj Rangan say that this is an “unsentimental romance”??
– Lake Superior
– What is Ray Brassier’s philosophy?
Ordinary Language Movement in Philosophy
The manifest (philosophical) and the scientific (empirical) image
Human ~ person ~ agent
The irrecusable primacy of the instrumentalist conception
Originary, pre-scientific understanding
Functional role and ontological status
Methodological primacy and substantive superiority
Intellectual intuition & subtle theoretical construction
Corrigible speculative achievement
Scrutinizing the spontaneous judgment of introspective certainty
Mechanistic discourse of causation and the rational language of intention
Common sense psychology Vs. Completed neuroscience
Cultural revolution – reconstructing the future of human self-understanding
Life is injurious to health, living kills! 💀
– New MFX
– God ~ non-human eternal creative mystery
Voluptuous & final consummation
Intrinsic insignificance >> limitation of conceit
The slumber of constant repetition
The illusion of possibility
The dreariness of actuality
The monotony of contingencies
– Instead of a little entertainment whenever one has had too much work, I’m gonna work whenever I’ve had too much entertainment……! 😁
– Counterclockwise Swastika
Now, it is the right half that’s moving against gravity……!
The face of the hours
– ATP Next Gen Playoffs
From intellect & intention to instinct & intuition
Pure (as opposed to applied) mathematics
Is it possible to live independent of, or in opposition to, culture, without succumbing to the darkness within?
Mathematics as non-naturalistic science
Content (as opposed to form) is affective
Apodeicity – universal, necessary and inevitable validity
Process – in between, & therefore common to, both being (ontology/rigor) & event (non-ontology/creative novelty)!
Beyond subject & object
The multiple presents as one, or, the one presents as multiple?
Appearance as operation
Presence & presentation
Being >> situations >> context
Count-as-one ~ state of the situation
The one is not
From state-inclusion to self-belonging!
Truth ~ evental revelation ~ impossible occurence ~ futuristic unbecoming ~ real change ~ complete transformation ~ radical rupture ~ unnatural negation ~ re-presenting inconsistency ~ paradoxical existence
The axioms of set theory as foundational for ontology
Are you worried about me, or worried for yourself because of me?
– When I suspended the small group meetings, one of the (ex-)members said, “So, what is Joe going to do?”
My reply is, “What are YOU going to do now??” 👊🏾
– “At least pretend like you’re interested.” – a relative to me, during a socializing event.
For almost all people, there is no distinction between their individual personality and their social roles.
I DON’T want to become like that!
“Hold the Dark”
The Dog(s) & me
Natural family and social construct
“The Wreck of the Deutschland” BY GERARD MANLEY HOPKINS
– This planet is (or made into – what’s the difference?) a giant ash-tray!