– The silent majority
Partial truths, false facts & white lies
Trait theory & identity politics
Vet your heroes/mentors!
Core dependency needs
– Do you ever to stop to ask, WHY is it that you love a particular kind of thinker or philosophy??
– Jordan Peterson (Past facts/Classical Liberalism)
Slavoj Zizek (Future hopes/Critical Theory)
Who me?! 😉
– I (an adult male) knows what a bored, insecure & dejected house-wife feels like, in her domestic captivity!
How does it feel to “sit at home”, “doing nothing”, while your lady goes out into the world and brings home the moolah??
Monotheism as monarchical/imperial religion
Theoretical physics & mystical experience
Counter-intuitive truths & mind-blowing theories
Elementary (sub-atomic) particles
– Unique ~ anomalous
– Pleasure >> happiness >> joy
Joy > happiness > pleasure
Feed the id & superego equally, so that this optimal tension will shape a balanced ego.
– Gestalt self/soul/spirit:
Person > physical + cultural + material + psychological + political + ecological
Spiritual ~ mystical ~ cosmic!
Post-modernism. Quantum Physics and Eastern spirituality
Can of worms
Lawless adventurers inciting revolution
Poverty & criminality
– The collective unconscious
– Individuality is not just about being different from others around/before you, it’s about being original/authentic…
– Should I have vacations?
If so, what is the rhythm for them?
– Stephen Hawking
Vinci (Android app)
– Distress as the 6th vital sign
Life as (a) cancer!
Climate & politics
Viable alternative – we need a credible & inspiring counter-narrative!
From intelligence to wit
Quantum physics & personal chaos
“No is not enough”
– Entire human existence as Vipassana!
To be, when you are not to be……
I want to see/know for myself, what “life” essentially is, when (the covering layers of) career, family, etc. are removed!
– I saw a t-shirt pic showing a row of birds sitting on a wire, and only one was upside down, with the logo “Dare to be different”.
I think that it’s usually the case that the one “unique” bird is also just like all the others on the inside.
I want to be truly unique, although I might look like everyone else on the outside.
Originality/authenticity is more subtle than most people think.
The desire to be “different” is just the flips idea of the coin of cultural conformity…
You need to be a different kind of different to be a real individual!
– My temptation is to become successful/significant/valuable/relevant/important/interesting……!
In short, to be something/someone.
Can I survive this self-emptying?? Is it radical enough?!
Why this excruciating & exhausting experiment? Why this self-imposed exile?
“Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri”
– Testing bench strength
Episteme Vs. Retorica
– Awareness of the unconscious, autonomous, underlying vitals:
– “It is more blessed to give than to receive.”
Although our everyday life should be one of sharing (almost equal giving & receiving), our major long-term decisions ought to be focused on how we can receive better now, so that we can ultimately give more…
– Pollution alert
Doxa ~ Retorica
Carnap & Physicalism
Pragmatism & Positivism
– “What do you do?”
– “Do you want the short or the long answer?”
“The short answer is that I am not doing anything (in particular)!”
The long answer is that I am into spiritual work – self-education in the context of a contemplative lifestyle… “
– The Great Commandments:
The second rests on the first. Human value is based on the inviolable sanctity & supreme goodness of life/world/existence!
So, the first need not always be seen as a strict monotheism……
– “Dear sir,
My feedback/suggestions for EMFI:
1. The working conditions of the staff of all the mission hospitals needs to be improved. Overwork because of lack of manpower, inadequate remuneration, trying to achieve more (both in terms of quantity & quality) than what the current hospital infrastructure allows, etc., in already functioning units must first be addressed before starting new units which propagate the same old problems. Doing this will slow down expansion in the short-term, but will pay richly in the long run.
2. Create an atmosphere of genuine fellowship and personal spiritual growth in the mission hospital compound/community. Addressing the first problem is essential for doing this. The optimal conditions for holistic staff health & development will ensure more young people coming to work there and also, a lesser employee attrition rate. Taking good care of the members of the organization is as important as serving the patients/society!
3. The defects of conventional Western/Allopathic medicine must be rectified by introducing the approach of “Medicine of the Person” (Paul Tournier). This will involve radical changes to the entire system/spirit of the healthcare being provided by the so-called “Christian hospitals”! Just adding prayer & evangelism to the usual thing is definitely not enough…?
Drawing on the insights of the Humanities, Social Sciences & Arts etc. will be required. A purely biblical/evangelical faith will not be sufficient to meet all the challenges of the future……
Please refer the book I had emailed you (& some others) for a good introduction to the (Medicine of the Person) movement.
Thank you for your attention ✋🏽
GOD BLESS! 🙏🏽”
– Laziness >> tiredness >> depression >> coma
– The illusion of free-will is the greatest weapon of determinism!
Moving from life to living, from meaning to reality, from purpose to truth, from hope to being, from person to existence
The eternal moment
– Half-day alternating rhythm
– Annihilation – my review:
– I liked “Ex Machina” better, bro.
Sci-fi & horror is an explosive combination indeed! But this movie doesn’t have the raw energy & brutal punch of his previous film. “Dredd” was also awesome.
– Watch & compare with the films, “Prometheus” & “Arrival”.
(Also, “The Fountain” & “2001: A Space Odyssey”)
– The 2 main themes are love/romance and death/cancer. It is out of the interaction of these 2 aspects of human life that the other big questions of GOD, nature, meaning, eternity, etc. emerge. So, theology actually emerges out of deep reflection on the human condition, therefore it is a kind of philosophical/mythological/mystical anthropology! What does it mean to be human? And what makes humans different from other animals/species?
– The climax/ending seems to focus on the matter of consciousness/personhood. But it takes a very different view from the usual – the 2 survivors are actually NOT the same as the ones who went into the shimmer. But this DOESN’T seem to matter to the “lovers”! This is somewhat closer to a biological reductionism where the human is nothing but his/her DNA. Consciousness or personhood is somewhat similar to the concept of “soul”, which we must always beware of reifying……
– So, what is the shimmer or what does it stand for? And what is encountered at its core??
The shimmer seems to represent religion (or even science or any other comprehensive view) with its apocalyptic revelation (the prismatic refraction that radically transforms all aspects of our reality). And what is encountered at its centre is GOD/Adam/Man/Christ/Self/Death/Life/Change/Process. But of course, in sci-fi this is usually in the form of an alien, ancestor or evolutionary successor. Compare with the Genesis Chamber in Superman.
– The spirituality is essentially biological and similar to U. G. Krishnamurti’s (one of my favorite gurus). Mutation is the basis of both evolution (life/development) & cancer (death/decay)! The 2 attitudes toward “It” are represented by the 2 characters – face/embrace it or fight/resist it – but no matter what, you are always a part of it!
What is the significance of the adultery in the story? If something seems perfect in this world, then you can be sure that something else is hiding underneath. We need imperfection!
Non-philosophy – mutation & cloning
So, the title “Annihilation” does NOT mean absolute destruction, but radical transformation! The final title display after the last scene is beautifully illustrative of this central insight…
– Animated lyrics
Chomsky Vs. Foucault
American History X
– I didn’t know that Muhammad Ali was involved with Malcolm X and the Black liberation movement.
He was not just a great boxer……! 👏
– Trade wars
Trump, the liability!
Sightings & ejaculations
Poetic ~ erotic
– Non-preachy sermons
– We ARE the aliens on this planet!
What is the opposite of “distinguish”?
Sounds like exactly the opposite of what it means!
– Work day:
First half – chores.
Second half – spiritual disciplines
First half – basic routine
Second half – random learnings
– The greatest evidence for the existence of GOD (a conscious, moral, intelligent and powerful person) is the fact of human beings, the conditions of life & the rise of language, that make us possible.
Every other explanation falls way short of the theistic one when it comes to this particular point……!
– What is Rajya Sabha election??